Weather ID

Started by Gulk, Apr 29, 2015, 10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulk

Rain (ID 5) can not be set without the darkness or lightning coming, it also makes 13:00 look like 3am, I know it isn't that big of an issue but would it be possible to get an upgrade for the weather ID's so they actually use real weather used in single player?

Maybe they can be retrieved from the games files

Stormeus

VC:MP does use the same weathers as single-player, and sets weather using the same function that single player does. Not really sure what's going on.

Sebastian

OFF-TOPIC: How can we create the rainbow from SP ? :D
This is something that I was always wondering. I believe it is happening when the weather is changing, but I'm hoping for more details.

Gulk

http://youtu.be/fRdYnoVM_TM

as you can see some are bugged/useless(toodark/make no sense), player will have to make use of scripted weather events and slowing the SetTimeRate(1000); to (0) - to avoid when vice city glitches out because it wasn't designed to reach certain times with some weather ID's active. maybe you can integrate single players timecyc.dat for an auto weather setting? ^^ sseebbyy gave me the idea

Stormeus

Okay, I see. Yeah, there are certain weathers that weren't meant to be used at certain time intervals. I don't think it's really a VC:MP issue. However, I will put an automatic timecyc-like weather system down as a suggested feature.

Gulk

Great! Custom timecyc loading or server side editing via SetTimeCycData similair to SetWeapon/HandlingData would be a step up from measly weather ID's for expanding customization

Sebastian

Quote from: Gulk on May 10, 2015, 09:00 AMGreat! Custom timecyc loading or server side editing via SetTimeCycData similair to SetWeapon/HandlingData would be a step up from measly weather ID's for expanding customization

Don't really believe stormeus meant that.  (but I can be wrong)
I think he will just create a system that will change the weather randomly, in a more correct way, without letting the issues happen again.

So nothing about setting our own timecycdata.

OFF-TOPIC: Once, when I tested Multi-Vice, I have seen a function that was changing the color of the ... air/sky/atmosphere ... in the color we want. (by spicifying RGB)
Maybe you will be able to add it to VC:MP too.