Hashing plugin in Linux

Started by umar4911, Mar 05, 2019, 03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

umar4911

Vps = CentoLinux version 7

when loading Hashing plugin, it says:

Plugin error >> dlopen() 'plugins/hashing04rel64.so' failed: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by plugins/hashing04rel64.so)
Failed to load plugin: hashing04rel64

what's the fix
I am gamer, programmer and hacker. Try to find me!
xD

dracc

Is changing your distribution an option?
CentOS 7.6 (latest release) still runs Linux 3.10, a severely outdated kernel which no longer receives upstream support.
This makes me believe CentOS doesn't update packages unless strictly necessary. This would mean you'd have to compile your own libstdc++ as the one you have installed currently is too old to run the hashing plugin.

(I just realized you just posted your error message without any question but I'm guessing you're wondering how to fix it?)

umar4911

Quote from: dracc on Mar 06, 2019, 09:04 AMIs changing your distribution an option?
CentOS 7.6 (latest release) still runs Linux 3.10, a severely outdated kernel which no longer receives upstream support.
This makes me believe CentOS doesn't update packages unless strictly necessary. This would mean you'd have to compile your own libstdc++ as the one you have installed currently is too old to run the hashing plugin.

(I just realized you just posted your error message without any question but I'm guessing you're wondering how to fix it?)
Yes I want to fix it and thanks, I edited post. Now I am not similar to this plugin coding, can someone help out?
xD

umar4911

Any alternates to hashing plugin for hashing passwords
xD

dracc

There are many ways to solve the actual problem;
1. Writing your own hashing algorithm in Squirrel.
2. Updating libstdc++.
3. Recompiling the hashing plugin.

umar4911

Quote from: dracc on Mar 06, 2019, 02:55 PM1. Writing your own hashing algorithm in Squirrel.

How can this be done?
xD

DizzasTeR

umar4911

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Mar 06, 2019, 05:08 PMhttps://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=6119.0
The plugin is loaded but it stills gives error that index SHA256 doesn't exist even with MD5 weird..
xD

dracc

Quote from: umar4911 on Mar 07, 2019, 10:52 AM
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Mar 06, 2019, 05:08 PMhttps://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=6119.0
The plugin is loaded but it stills gives error that index SHA256 doesn't exist even with MD5 weird..
How are you calling the SHA256 function? Sounds like you're using something similar tohash['SHA256'] <- "secret"; which obviously would be incorrect.

For reference, the official plugin syntax would be local hashed <- SHA256("secret");

umar4911

Quote from: dracc on Mar 07, 2019, 12:44 PM
Quote from: umar4911 on Mar 07, 2019, 10:52 AM
How are you calling the SHA256 function? Sounds like you're using something similar tohash['SHA256'] <- "secret"; which obviously would be incorrect.

For reference, the official plugin syntax would be local hashed <- SHA256("secret");
I am using like the official plugin

SHA256(pass)
xD

dracc

What does the line that gives the error look like?

umar4911

Quote from: dracc on Mar 07, 2019, 01:24 PMWhat does the line that gives the error look like?
Index SHA256 doesn't exist
xD

dracc

Quote from: umar4911 on Mar 07, 2019, 01:27 PM
Quote from: dracc on Mar 07, 2019, 01:24 PMWhat does the line that gives the error look like?
Yeah, that's the error message, but what does your line of code that gives this error look like?
Also, do you get a line stating that the hashing plugin was loaded on server startup?

umar4911

Quote from: dracc on Mar 07, 2019, 01:32 PM
Quote from: umar4911 on Mar 07, 2019, 01:27 PM
Yeah, that's the error message, but what does your line of code that gives this error look like?
Also, do you get a line stating that the hashing plugin was loaded on server startup?
Yes it shows that hashing plugin is loaded. Since the official plugin gave error of binaries or whatever, I used the one made by SLC and it loaded but the error persists
xD

Xmair

That problem occurs to me as well but using an older version fixes it.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD