Some issues about custom map

Started by Kenneth Law, Mar 26, 2019, 03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenneth Law

Please tell me how I can restrict the existence of custom maps (objects) to a certain world?
By questioning this I mean, is there any way to place my custom maps into only one world instead of letting the maps exist in all of the worlds?
Inside the file "maps.xml" I can't decide in which world they are.
I guess someone might suggest me to create objects in scripts but as I've tried, the maps can't be added into the server in this way as they even don't appear at all.

DizzasTeR

As far as I remember, you cant set world for objects made via .xmls

Kenneth Law

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Mar 26, 2019, 05:28 AMAs far as I remember, you cant set world for objects made via .xmls
so how to set world for objects?
The only way is to CreateObject in script?

MatheuS

Quote from: Kenneth Law on Mar 27, 2019, 12:46 PM
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Mar 26, 2019, 05:28 AMAs far as I remember, you cant set world for objects made via .xmls
so how to set world for objects?
The only way is to CreateObject in script?

Yes.
if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

Kenneth Law

I tried to add akina hill through the scripts with 'CreateObject', which works well with .xml.
But as I joined the server the mountain didn't appear.
I then took a helicopter and drove it around the area where I've placed the hill.
As soon as I flied into a certain range and height, the mountain magically appeared but not with an intact look.
It's weird!

umar4911

Quote from: Kenneth Law on Apr 12, 2019, 08:45 AMI tried to add akina hill through the scripts with 'CreateObject', which works well with .xml.
I then took a helicopter and drove it around the area where I've placed the hill.
As soon as I flied into a certain range and height, the mountain magically appeared but not with an intact look.
It's weird!
what's the draw distance for the object? Trying again after changing the distance to 299 or 300
I am gamer, programmer and hacker. Try to find me!
xD

Kenneth Law

Quote from: umar4911 on Apr 12, 2019, 09:07 AM
Quote from: Kenneth Law on Apr 12, 2019, 08:45 AMI tried to add akina hill through the scripts with 'CreateObject', which works well with .xml.
It's weird!
what's the draw distance for the object? Trying again after changing the distance to 299 or 300
I changed the distance to 299 and 300, neither of them are working tho
Still the mountain is invisible

Sebastian

The 299 "meters" distance is taken by object's position, not the object's visual model.
So if you are at 300m far away from it's position, the object won't stream.

You can always check the distance between you and object, and see if there is truly something wrong or not.

PS: 299 keeps the objects solid (if has colision). 300+ will make it unsolid, no matter what.