¡Help! Installation gives errors!

Started by Doublenutshoot, May 29, 2015, 02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doublenutshoot

Hello guys! I just registered so im basically n00b, i need your help really bad people, so while going trough the installation BOOM there's go the dynamite! so apparently its look that the files keep gettin error, alguien que sepa spanish aqui me ayudaria demasiado jeje. :))

Error opening file for writing:
\vcredist_x86.exe

the program can not start Because it lacks of needed MSVCR120.dll try reinstalling the program to fix the problem

Hmm, why not install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages manually. Which in your case, the 2013 should be the one you need.

Doublenutshoot

Okey sir, will give it a try!
also thx for replying fast, :,)
wanna play really bad the mp

Doublenutshoot

I keep getting the error's! :(
\vcredist_x86
error opening the file :(

Quote from: Doublenutshoot on May 29, 2015, 02:00 AMError opening file for writing:
\vcredist_x86.exe

It seems I've missed that detail. From what I could deduce (at 5:00 AM) the installer tries to install the redistributable packages automatically. And somehow it can't acquire that package. Either some missing privileges on your user or simply a misunderstanding in the setup. One thing I could recommend would be to run the installation as an administrator and see how that goes (I.e: right click -> run as admin). Also, remember to also run the browser as admin if the setup goes well.

Doublenutshoot

Now i get the "lack of MSVCR120.dll" in the system error :/
sorry for bothering you haha well i guess

Quote from: Doublenutshoot on May 29, 2015, 02:20 AMNow i get the "lack of MSVCR120.dll" in the system error :/
sorry for bothering you haha well i guess

You haven't installed the redistribuatble package. Make sure you install that.

One more thing that would help is to post a screenshot and specify what actually gives that error. The installer or the browser. I can't conclude at which stage you're on.

Doublenutshoot

Just installed  redistribuatble package and nothing, keep getting error.. MSVCR120.dll when opening VCMPBrowser.exe
(getting error when trying to upload images).
(also forgot to say that apparently i have an VCMPBrowser.exe v0.3z that works fine when opening but servers dont show up).

Quote from: Doublenutshoot on May 29, 2015, 02:28 AMJust installed  redistribuatble package and nothing, keep getting error.. MSVCR120.dll when opening VCMPBrowser.exe

Are you running VCMPBrowser.exe as admin? Not that it would matter with that error. But just to be sure. This is some unexpected behavior for me and perhaps you should wait for a staff member to clear this out. Could be possible that recent updates "broke" something. Be sure to leave as much details as possible if you wish this to be fixed asap. Details such operating system  (win xp, vista, 7, 8, 8.1 etc.), platform (x32/x86 or x64), screenshots (if you don't know to describe the information). "Blah, blah", doesn't help anyone.

Quote from: Doublenutshoot on May 29, 2015, 02:28 AM(also forgot to say that apparently i have an VCMPBrowser.exe v0.3z that works fine when opening but servers dont show up).

I'm not sure how to process that :-\

If you're trying to use 0.3 browser with 0.4 server than I simply don't... that's just...  uhm... sorry... I'm...

If you're wondering why 0.3 servers don't show up. That's probably because 0.3 masterlist was shut down and the browser doesn't know where to get the server list now.

Doublenutshoot

Quote from: S.L.C on May 29, 2015, 02:35 AM
Quote from: Doublenutshoot on May 29, 2015, 02:28 AM(also forgot to say that apparently i have an VCMPBrowser.exe v0.3z that works fine when opening but servers dont show up).

I'm not sure how to process that :-\

If you're trying to use 0.3 browser with 0.4 server than I simply don't... that's just...  uhm... sorry... I'm...

If you're wondering why 0.3 servers don't show up. That's probably because 0.3 masterlist was shut down and the browser doesn't know where to get the server list now.
K, just realised that, i will wait for a staff to come help asap, anyway thank for your help! i really wanna leave as much detail ass possible but like i say im just registered and im not into forums like this one in special.
(Operating system: Windows 8.1)
(Platform: x64)
will post screenshoots(if i get to know how)