[MAP FIX] Collision fixes

Started by Hanney, Jun 13, 2015, 01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanney

About:

This is a small list of objects placed in positions on the map to prevent players from gaining entry to glitched areas of the map.

Mostly "Electricgate" fences are used to prevent players from glitching through these areas of the map. If an alpha setting is available for map objects on vcmp then it is advised that you set all objects as fully transparent to the player.

Fixes so far:

- Downtown Rockstar building east of ammunation
- Downtown Hospital wall
- Downtown Firestation wall
- Downtown parking area firestation wall/fence
- Downtown office building lamp glitch
- Phils place fence glitch in south-west corner of compound.
- Little Haiti Printworks glitch
- Escobar Int terminal C wall glitch
- Malibu behind bar roof glitch
- Oceanview Hotel Tommy's room roof glitch
- Ken rosenburg office wall glitch
- Prawn island west bridge glitch
- Prawn island stone walls glitch
- Hotel outside of malibu underworld glitch fix

Download:

IPL: http://pastebin.com/1m8kLAd3

XML: http://pastebin.com/T21AWRR9

Thijn

What you could do is create a custom object that has the same collision as the fence, but no texture.

DeViL_JiN

Quote from: Thijn on Jun 13, 2015, 02:06 PMWhat you could do is create a custom object that has the same collision as the fence, but no texture.
Without texture object color will show as off-white color.
Better is to create a custom object and set the texture as transparent :)

Thijn

Quote from: DeViL_JiN on Jun 13, 2015, 02:08 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Jun 13, 2015, 02:06 PMWhat you could do is create a custom object that has the same collision as the fence, but no texture.
That's what I mean ;)

Off topic: Can you please remove your signature. That IP is not responding, and makes loading the forum extremely slow.

DeViL_JiN

Quote from: Thijn on Jun 13, 2015, 02:22 PM
Quote from: DeViL_JiN on Jun 13, 2015, 02:08 PM
That's what I mean ;)

Off topic: Can you please remove your signature. That IP is not responding, and makes loading the forum extremely slow.
Sure.

DizzasTeR

Quote from: Thijn on Jun 13, 2015, 02:22 PMThat's what I mean ;)

I'll inform all the EG players to remove their data till the server is up again.
P.S: Forum still works like a charm for me :D

Thijn

Quote from: Doom_Killer on Jun 13, 2015, 02:48 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Jun 13, 2015, 02:22 PMThat's what I mean ;)

I'll inform all the EG players to remove their data till the server is up again.
P.S: Forum still works like a charm for me :D
Your browser will try to load the signature, times out after god knows how long (probably around 10 seconds) and loads the rest of the HTML.
Because this forum loads the important javascript at the end of the page, that will wait at least 10 seconds before loading.
That means you can't use quick reply, quote, show likes, etc. until your signature has timed out and the rest of the page has finished loading ;)