News A server update was released on July 20. Server patch notes and downloads are here. Additionally, a client update was released on the same day. Client patch notes are here.
[0.4] Argonath RPG 3.0

KAKAN

• Wiki Contributor
[0.4] Re: Argonath RPG 3.0
« Reply #90,  »
Quote from kennedyarz on March 26th, 10:45 PM
In the real world there are terrorists, look at the "islamic state" there are also policemen to look at "every country": v should accept everything in a roleplay. That is my thinking Do not judge me: D
For that to happen, you need to have a stable playerbase, and by saying it, I mean, more police and less thieves. And VCMP will simply f* you up when you try doing that. NPCs, yeah, but, bruh....
You can contact me at #SLC @ LUNet

aXXo

« Reply #91,  »
For role-playing an extermist/rebel, a player needs to role-play a solid background. This is the specific role, where you need to walk an extra mile before you can kill somebody. If you blow up the first person you see on the server and claim it was an act of terrorism, it is just a poor excuse to deathmatch.

Some pointers, I could give are:
- Open an extremist group on the forum, recruit some members so admins would know that you exist and what you stand for.

- Make some demands. Political demands, demand to pass a law, lower taxes, construct a mosque or whatever. Even terrorists in real life justify their cause. If you want to roleplay a terrorist, you have to justify it. Call the Chief of Police, or make a peaceful rally/parade to get the message across.

- If your demands were ignored, you can take the violence route. Take claim of a bomb blast, write a blackmail note in a crate and drop it in the VCPD HQ. There's a lot of stuff that you can do if you stretch your imagination.

Kessu

« Reply #92,  »
Quote from Klaus on March 26th, 08:08 PM
There still lies a massive question mark on whether or not the recent changes have been beneficial. Short term they haven't been.
Any change to the way players earn money is not beneficial in short-term unless it lets them earn shitloads of money within days. Look at the bigger picture, from the perspective when you still were leading the server, and ask yourself why has the changes been made that were?

Most of these changes were already approved by yourself as well :)

As for the argument that happened in the case with vito, I believe I actually do know what happened and that you were warned, kicked, tempbanned twice and then permbanned for what you were doing since it was disrupting the flow of gameplay when you keep exploding vehicles in populated areas (which can be seen as attempted mass-deathmatching by the administration).

As Klaus and aXXo before me explained, terrorist roleplay has never been disallowed in the server, but it is limited to an extent that you can't just commit terrorist acts out of the blue and expect the admins to let you off the hook just because you wanted to be a terrorist for 2 minutes. You really do need to walk the extra mile or even two to get your roleplay across to people before pulling off mass murders. Whether this means setting up a group of people or a gang, cult w/e, is up to you really.

TL;DR What you were doing wouldn't of been a problem had you roleplayed anything along with it, but since you did no roleplay whatsoever it was deemed as pathetic attempt at mass-deathmatching.

vito

« Reply #93,  »
Quote from Kessu on April 1st, 10:18 AM
keep exploding vehicles in populated areas
What kind of terrorist will explode car in non-populated area ;D
Whatever you call 'pathetic mass-deathmatching' you don't know correct definition of deathmatch. I've enjoyed it regardless any bans.

Kessu

« Reply #94,  »
You saying that I do not know the definition of deathmatching is ridiculous at best.

Do note; our rule is not 100% related to pure deathmatching that you see in majority of the servers, it's deathmatching within a roleplay server, which means you "randomly" kill people without a valid roleplay reason.

vito

« Reply #95,  »
Quote from Kessu on April 1st, 04:42 PM
You saying that I do not know the definition of deathmatching is ridiculous at best.
But this fact is not so ridiculous. Deathmatch means getting scores by deaths of enemy. Not just killing/exploding people. However vc-mp is full of silly terms like as 'deathevade' so you're not the first in the that list.

Klaus

« Reply #96,  »
Quote from vito on April 1st, 05:50 PM
Deathmatch means getting scores by deaths of enemy. Not just killing/exploding people.
Quote from Kessu on April 1st, 04:42 PM
Do note; our rule is not 100% related to pure deathmatching that you see in majority of the servers, it's deathmatching within a roleplay server, which means you "randomly" kill people without a valid roleplay reason.
You'll also find a better explanation of this in the server rules, which you can find here.
Killing players without a valid roleplay reason is not allowed. Killing (or attacking) players randomly, or under one-sided roleplay conditions are not permitted.

Quote from Kessu on April 1st, 10:18 AM
Look at the bigger picture, from the perspective when you still were leading the server, and ask yourself why has the changes been made that were?
I can only say that I would have done things differently.

vito

« Reply #97,  »Last edited
Quote from Klaus on April 19th, 11:50 PM
You'll also find a better explanation of this in the server rules, which you can find.
It's not about your rules, it's about basic gaming definitions of terms - deathmatch. If it defined wrongly in your rules or in your brains it's not my problems. However before I started explode cars, one were attacking me (reducing my HP from 100 to nearly 10) with no reason, being near cop, and cop did not nothing - corruption in your virtual state.

KAKAN

• Wiki Contributor
« Reply #98,  »
The dormant war is active again.
You can contact me at #SLC @ LUNet

Thijn

• VC:MP Beta Tester
« Reply #99,  »
Any new replies about this argument will be removed without warning. If you have something useful to say about Argonath, please feel free to post. Otherwise, shut up.