MK | Capture the Flag

Started by NewK, Aug 13, 2015, 12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

MatheuS

if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

Eddy

CTF Presents: Multi Clan War
This battle consists of 2 allied clans vs 2 allied clans, the battle will be 8 vs 8 with 4 members of each clan.
Being VU, MK, TRC and SS the most powerful and active clans of CTF server, we came to the conclusion that these will be the representatives clans of the war,

Roster Example

[MK]NewK                 [VU]Charley
[MK]Halchter             [VU]ferrari32
[MK]Kelvin                 [VU]Riders
MKs.Kockex               [VU]Amal
[SS]Eddy        VS       =TRC=Ryxen
[SS]Nilz                     =TRC=Pettan
[SS]AEO                    =TRC=Juana_La_Cubana
[SS]Danniel               =TRC=Mauricia

This is just an example, the clans that will be allies will be placed in a random system.

Important information: Clans allies will be posted this friday 13th in every clans forums by [SS]Eddy, the staff will put these clans on a "random" system and then post the results but before you need to accept that If your clan ends allied with a clan that you don't like, will not be our fault, this event has a purpose and is to unite more to the community and the clans.

Basic Standings:
Match format: 8x8
Ping limit: 350 ms
FPS limit: 30 fps
Round time: 10 minutes*
Friendly fire: OFF
Wallglitch: ON
Bases/Arenas: 2 per team

Time/Date should be discussed after friday 13th.

http://ctf.vc-mp.net/index.php?topic=756.0

Kewun

Quote from: Eddy on Jan 11, 2017, 08:16 PM
CTF Presents: Multi Clan War
This battle consists of 2 allied clans vs 2 allied clans, the battle will be 8 vs 8 with 4 members of each clan.
Being VU, MK, TRC and SS the most powerful and active clans of CTF server, we came to the conclusion that these will be the representatives clans of the war,

Roster Example

[MK]NewK                 [VU]Charley
[MK]Halchter             [VU]ferrari32
[MK]Kelvin                 [VU]Riders
MKs.Kockex               [VU]Amal
[SS]Eddy        VS       =TRC=Ryxen
[SS]Nilz                     =TRC=Pettan
[SS]AEO                    =TRC=Juana_La_Cubana
[SS]Danniel               =TRC=Mauricia

This is just an example, the clans that will be allies will be placed in a random system.

Important information: Clans allies will be posted this friday 13th in every clans forums by [SS]Eddy, the staff will put these clans on a "random" system and then post the results but before you need to accept that If your clan ends allied with a clan that you don't like, will not be our fault, this event has a purpose and is to unite more to the community and the clans.

Basic Standings:
Match format: 8x8
Ping limit: 350 ms
FPS limit: 20 fps
Round time: 10 minutes*
Friendly fire: OFF
Wallglitch: ON
Bases/Arenas: 2 per team

Time/Date should be discussed after friday 13th.

http://ctf.vc-mp.net/index.php?topic=756.0

fps limit 20 is pretty bad

Eddy

The FPS limit is 30, It was just an accident. fixed :D

KAKAN

Quote from: Eddy on Jan 11, 2017, 11:06 PMThe FPS limit is 30, It was just an accident. fixed :D
Its still 20. And, why not 60fps and minimum 30. That'd be better :p
oh no

BABA1

I think I could use a little help, @KAKAN my brother is unable to set up a Java server for me. I can't figure it out either because I've got no time, keeping busy due to the studies. It would be really helpful if someone could guide me step by step on how to set up a java based server in vc;mp

KAKAN

Quote from: BABA1 on Jan 19, 2017, 07:08 AMI think I could use a little help, @KAKAN my brother is unable to set up a Java server for me. I can't figure it out either because I've got no time, keeping busy due to the studies. It would be really helpful if someone could guide me step by step on how to set up a java based server in vc;mp

I already did, you're way too lazy to check it out -_-
oh no

Eddy

The war will be tomorrow at 16:00 GMT on CTF 5.0: 51.254.114.167:8193 / #MK.CTF5 on LUnet
Click the link for more info: http://ctf.vc-mp.net/index.php?topic=756.0

Eddy

Stormeus

Quote from: KAKAN on Jan 12, 2017, 08:36 AM
Quote from: Eddy on Jan 11, 2017, 11:06 PMThe FPS limit is 30, It was just an accident. fixed :D

Because physics start to break down past 30fps.

vito1

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 17, 2017, 10:24 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Jan 12, 2017, 08:36 AM

Because physics start to break down past 30fps.
Is it important for non-racing server? How it affect to combat?

Eddy

Quote from: NewK on Jul 05, 2017, 02:51 AMIn the next few months, if everything goes well, we will be moving to CTF5.0 completely and shutting down CTF4.0.

Before CTF4.0 is shut down, if you'd like to transfer your CTF4.0 stats to your CTF5.0 acount, follow these steps:
  • Create an account on the CTF5.0 server with the same name of your CTF4.0 account
  • Join CTF4.0 and use the command /ctf5pass <password> (that <password> will be your new CTF5.0 account's password )
That's it.

Bear in mind though, after doing this, your stats will not be transfered immediately to CTF5.0 server, they will be transfered when CTF4.0 is shut down. So if you use the ctf5pass command and then join CTF5.0 and notice that your stats are not there, that is normal, they will only be transfered when CTF4.0 is shut down.

Any player that doesn't use the /ctf5pass command will not have their stats transfered from CTF4.0 to CTF5.0, so don't forget to do this as soon as possible, if you want to mantain your stats!
more info: http://ctf.vc-mp.net/index.php?topic=870.0

NewK

The CTF6 public beta is now live, come and join the fun and give the new player abilities a try!

What's new?

Player abilities/skills

Abilities are small perks/effects that you can apply either to yourself or others for a few seconds. There's 3 types of abilities:
  • SELF -  Abilities that affect the player only such as the immunity abilities, silencer and so on
  • INFANTRY -  Abilities that allow a player to place bombs, mines, gears etc., and anything else self-serving around your personal weaponry
  • TEAM - Any ability that serves your team such as the healing the regeneration of health and ammo

You can see a list of abilities here

You can only have 3 skills equipped at the same time, but you can choose which ones to equip at any point.

New hotkeys:
  • F3 --> Opens skill store ( you can buy and equip skills in this window)
  • Q --> Uses skill equipped in slot1
  • 2 --> Uses skill equipped in slot2
  • E --> Uses skill equipped in slot3
To change default hotkeys:
  • /key1 <keyID> (changes slot1 hotkey)
  • /key2 <keyID> (changes slot2 hotkey)
  • /key3 <keyID> (changes slot3 hotkey)
To get <keyID>:
  • Run  /recordkey and press the key you want to use
  • You will then see the <keyID> on the chat, which you can use with the /key1,2,3 commands
You can watch a tutorial on how to do this  here
Currency:

CTF now has currency, AKA, Points. You can spend these points on player skills/abilities.
Each one costs 100 points. You can earn points, the exact same way you earn points for your team during a round:
  • 1 kill = 1 point
  • 1 Flag = 15 points
  • 5 player killing spree = +1 point for each kill +5 points for the last kill (10 points total)
  • (NEW) 1 kill while holding the flag = +2 points
  • (NEW) Ending someone's spree = +5 points

Points cannot be transfered nor abilitites can be sold

Ranks

Players now have ranks. All players will start with Rank 0. For each 100 points you earn, you will rank up, so everytime you rank up, that means you can buy a new ability.

As a way to kickstart your progress, 50 points have been given to all registered players, you only need 50 more points and you'll be able to buy your first ability!