VC:MP Launcher

Started by George, Feb 01, 2016, 07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

@NE.CrystalBlue, @Buddy, accounts were activated!

EK.IceFlake

EK.IceFlake

Error, couldn't login.
Review login details    Try again

p.s. my username is Difluoroethane

KAKAN

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Feb 15, 2016, 01:53 PMp.s. my username is Difluoroethane
When did you read Chemistry lol? I've read the ethane thing recently in 2015. Dunno about difluoro ethane :D
oh no

George

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Feb 15, 2016, 01:53 PMError, couldn't login.

Are you sure about your username and password?

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: George on Feb 15, 2016, 02:30 PM
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Feb 15, 2016, 01:53 PMError, couldn't login.

Are you sure about your username and password?
Yep, I'll try again today]
EDIT: works

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 15, 2016, 02:25 PM
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Feb 15, 2016, 01:53 PMp.s. my username is Difluoroethane
When did you read Chemistry lol? I've read the ethane thing recently in 2015. Dunno about difluoro ethane :D
Dunno, I just liked its name so I researched it, a few weeks ago.
Its a refrigerant hydrofluorocarbon. Also another refrigerant with a similar name is difluoromethane. I've been trying to memorize its chemical formula and I got it now. C2H4F2

Gulk

Quote from: George on Feb 04, 2016, 03:56 PM
Quote from: Gulk on Feb 04, 2016, 12:19 PMHavent tried it out yet, but do you think you could add joining and chatting in a server without starting the game? ;o
What's you mean? I don't get it.

like this

VRocker

Looks pretty nice George! Well done :) Did you make this with WinForms or XAML or something else? It looks like XAML to me but i could be wrong.

@Gulk I've looked into external chat from within a browser before (for both LU and VCMP) but it's not really worth the effort that it requires. MTS had it because the launcher actually handled the connection between the game and the server, including sending/receiving all the sync packets so adding chat there wasn't really hard (IIRC the ingame chat box reads directly from the launcher chat for its input).
To add this to VCMP you would need to establish a connection with the server seperately and implement the chat related packets, while it's possible if you know how the packets are, it's not that easy to do, especially in C#. Plus you'd have to disconnect the outgame client when launching the game otherwise you'd have 2 connections to the server.

Anyway, back to the main topic. Cool project George, keep it up :D

What @VRocker means is that with the current implementation of VC:MP you need to create a fake VC:MP client inside the Launcher that actually occupies a slot inside the server and if the server is full the launcher won't be able to connect. Which brings it's own kinds of issues to deal with.

The other alternative is to create a server module that binds to the port next to the main server port and use that communicate. Kinda like they do with IRC. Or you could even use IRC for that matter.

George

Quote from: VRocker on Feb 28, 2016, 12:25 PMLooks pretty nice George! Well done :) Did you make this with WinForms or XAML or something else? It looks like XAML to me but i could be wrong.

Anyway, back to the main topic. Cool project George, keep it up :D
It's WinForms :P
XAML(WPF) takes a lot time to make an app like that and I really didn't have this time, that's why I chose WinForms xD

Thanks man! For sure I will keep working on it :D

Quote from: S.L.C on Feb 28, 2016, 12:31 PMThe other alternative is to create a server module that binds to the port next to the main server port and use that communicate. Kinda like they do with IRC. Or you could even use IRC for that matter.
Yeah, this would be nice... But just think how confusing it would be with servers which haven't this module.

Quote from: George on Feb 28, 2016, 04:12 PMYeah, this would be nice... But just think how confusing it would be with servers which haven't this module.

Like @VRocker said. It's not worth the effort. Not to mention that it's easy to abuse by people.

ysc3839

@VRocker I think is unnecessary to make browser supports chat. I hope you can open the browser's source because I think it could be improved. Or I'll try to write my own browser and try to replace official browser by good functions. ;)

Fjose

Hanney

Sorry if it's been suggested before or a WIP (I'm too lazy too look through all 8 pages)

Would it be possible to create a form in the browser such as a Settings menu where users could modify each of the values for the vcmp_config.txt options? e.g textboxes, check boxes, drop menus etc for setting values. maybe even color pickers for the hex related elements.

It's really nice by the way ;)