Have you edited the wiki lately?

Started by Stormeus, Mar 09, 2016, 08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

As developers, a lot of our time is spent adding features to and fixing issues in the client and server. Unfortunately, a lot of time is not spent by us creating comprehensive documentation of what we add to things like our wiki. Although some parts of the wiki are nicely written, there are entire blocks of Squirrel functions, Squirrel events, and other pages which aren't written, or written less than optimally.

We'd like to see scripters and players contribute more to the wiki to help it become a better resource for new and veteran scripters alike. In accordance with that, we're going to be rewarding contributors with a forum badge that looks like this:

As a small token of appreciation and recognition.

Badged contributors are recognized for making consistent and high-quality revisions to the wiki. If you think you've made a sufficient number of good edits to the wiki, feel free to poke me if you want to receive a badge. Alternatively, just make a bunch of high-quality edits and let me know if you think you've done a good enough job, and I'll either award you a badge or let you know what you could do better.

The inaugural wiki contributors on the forum are:

Their contribution histories have been linked to provide examples of what good wiki editing looks like.

For anyone just starting to edit the wiki extensively, please read these quick contribution guidelines:
http://wiki.vc-mp.org/wiki/VCMP:Contributing

DizzasTeR

I have also done wiki contribution and continuing to do so.

MacTavish

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Stormeus

Quote from: Kusanagi on Mar 09, 2016, 09:49 AMyou forgot me @Stormeus :(

I'd encourage you to continue editing to be honest. You've only made five edits since registering.

MacTavish

Quote from: Stormeus on Mar 09, 2016, 09:59 AM
Quote from: Kusanagi on Mar 09, 2016, 09:49 AMyou forgot me @Stormeus :(

I'd encourage you to continue editing to be honest. You've only made five edits since registering.
I'am editing the wiki as fast as i can :) BTW you will see the results :D

Grand Hunting Project

KAKAN

Haha that batch looks cool! Love it, thanks! I'll continue to edit the wiki when I'll be back home :)
oh no

Stormeus

For anyone just starting to edit the wiki extensively, please read these quick contribution guidelines:
http://wiki.vc-mp.org/wiki/VCMP:Contributing

MacTavish

Don't worry sir tonight i will try to test all functions and do my best in explaining them as much as possible.

Grand Hunting Project

Klaus

Who's actually checking to see if the edits are of value? I have heard from others that there is a lot of bad content on the Wiki. Badly written code isn't helpful to anyone.

DizzasTeR

@Klaus, Totally agreed on behalf of your information. This is why the developers did this: Obtaining Wiki Editorship

KAKAN

I'll try to edit the messy part of the wiki. For now, I'm testing the events and editing them in the wiki. Hopefullly, many of us has started to edit the wiki, for the reason, they want to have this badge, which is a good thing for us.
oh no

ysc3839

I wonder if the wiki support Squirrel highlight. And please make wiki support multi-language. :)

KAKAN

Quote from: ysc3839 on Mar 09, 2016, 04:03 PMI wonder if the wiki support Squirrel highlight. And please make wiki support multi-language. :)
Use "D" as the highlight instead
oh no

ysc3839

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 09, 2016, 04:07 PM
Quote from: ysc3839 on Mar 09, 2016, 04:03 PMI wonder if the wiki support Squirrel highlight. And please make wiki support multi-language. :)
What?

KAKAN

Quote from: ysc3839 on Mar 09, 2016, 04:14 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 09, 2016, 04:07 PM
What?
Well, D is also a scripting language, and that's the language which I use in my ST3 as the default syntax highlighter, it was suggested by Thijn and it looks awesome. It covers nearly all the functions of the Squirrel
oh no