Daydream Roleplay (best server in GTA history)

Started by Skirmant, May 19, 2016, 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skirmant

Address: 79.98.29.42:8192
Forum: https://www.vicenet.org/forum
Live Map: https://www.vicenet.org/map
Admin logs: https://www.vicenet.org/admin
IRC: #Daydream @ LUNet
Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/SocqS https://imgur.com/a/oqCMc

I thought it was time to make a thread about everyone's favorite server

KAKAN

First of all, great work! This is the best roleplay server in VCMP.
Secondly, you released the script of your live map :P
It's written in native JS, no PHP nor server side JS, were used so, I can easily copy it's source( though I won't ) :P
oh no

Klaus

Quote from: KAKAN on May 19, 2016, 02:11 PMFirst of all, great work! This is the best roleplay server in VCMP.
LOL

Thijn

Quote from: Klaus on May 19, 2016, 04:04 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on May 19, 2016, 02:11 PMFirst of all, great work! This is the best roleplay server in VCMP.
LOL
LOL

vs

I guess the players have chosen :P

KAKAN

Quote from: Thijn on May 19, 2016, 04:36 PM
LOL
LOL

vs

Let me say that too: "LOL" :D
oh no

DizzasTeR

Quote from: Thijn on May 19, 2016, 04:36 PM
LOL
LOL

vs

You know what players choose right? LOL

Klaus

Quote from: Thijn on May 19, 2016, 04:36 PMI guess the players have chosen :P
Oh, so by your logic it's a large number of 'players' that make a server an RPG server? Alright then, thanks for your input. Though I have a rather different idea of what roleplay is. Anyway, enjoy! It's all fun and games in the end isn't it.

vito

Actually it's really cool server with a ferris wheel and alot of cool stuff from vice city stories. But I don't like RPG as gamemode.

Thijn

Quote from: Klaus on May 19, 2016, 05:50 PM
Oh, so by your logic it's a large number of 'players' that make a server an RPG server? Alright then, thanks for your input. Though I have a rather different idea of what roleplay is. Anyway, enjoy! It's all fun and games in the end isn't it.
The large number of players make a server better to enjoy then others.
In your idea a server might not be a roleplaying server, but if it's enjoyed by a lot of players they obviously do something right.

Klaus

I'm not disputing the fact the server isn't enjoyable or that it hasn't been popular. So if my earlier comment came across in such a manner then I apologize.

Xmair

The players chose daydream because they're free to break the rules there, no one ever cares. The old players keep suspecting newbies for no reason and newbies don't even report them.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Skirmant

Quote from: Thijn on May 19, 2016, 06:10 PM
Quote from: Klaus on May 19, 2016, 05:50 PM
The large number of players make a server better to enjoy then others.
In your idea a server might not be a roleplaying server, but if it's enjoyed by a lot of players they obviously do something right.

I used to play Argonath RPG back in 2008-2009 and I enjoyed it very much. It had a great community and a quality staff. Plenty of warm memories that inspired me to make something of my own :)

This server was never made to imitate or compete with anyone, it's just as a unique chaotic experience that I thought was lacking in VC:MP. There's no reason to argue over any of this

PunkNoodle

Quote from: Xmair on May 20, 2016, 08:08 AMThe players chose daydream because they're free to break the rules there, no one ever cares. The old players keep suspecting newbies for no reason and newbies don't even report them.

Oh now that's some wise words! :) That's what you thought after joining with godmode and getting banned for it? Xuar! :P

Xmair

No I am not banned and I didn't used godmode, wtf are you talking about?

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

KAKAN

Quote from: Xmair on May 20, 2016, 05:09 PMNo I am not banned and I didn't used godmode, wtf are you talking about?
Maybe due to your FPS, he might not be able to shot you and said that you're using godmode aka HP hax :D
oh no