Announcing the 0.4 Release Candidate

Started by Stormeus, Oct 06, 2014, 09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

After many successful rounds of private and public beta testing, the VC:MP Development Team is proud to announce the release of the 0.4 Release Candidate.

This is more representative of a final product, and by releasing the server to the public we can collect a significant amount of information regarding bugs and issues that may exist in the server or client. Allowing the community to do whatever they please with the server would be much more productive than simply producing public beta scripts and testing them, as we cannot account for every possible scenario a scripter may want to attempt in 0.4.

Moreover, by releasing the server for scripters to test and develop on, the transition from R2 to 0.4 will be seamless and much smoother, as server owners will more likely be prepared to adopt a completely new version of VC:MP.

Notes on RC Release

Releasing the server as a near-final product for bughunting serves to help scripters become ready for the switch to a final 0.4 release and for bug finding purposes. While this does signal a closer approach to a final release, it is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a polished product we believe should be fully representative of our efforts. Once we feel 0.4 is ready for full release, we will make another announcement and spread the word.

Downloads
VC:MP 0.4 Client
Note: Clients/browsers from Public Beta 3 will also work with this server beta, and will automatically update as needed, but it is recommended to use the installer for newer and updated browser functionality.

Windows Server (x86)
Windows Server (x64)
Linux Server (x86)
Linux Server (x64)

Quote0.4-squirrel
Provides a base interface for scripting in Squirrel.

0.4-sqlite
Enables SQLite functionality in Squirrel scripts.

0.4-mysql
Provides MySQL support for Squirrel scripts.

0.4-hashing
Provides hash functions like SHA-1, SHA-2, WHIRLPOOL, and MD5.

0.4-confloader
Allows the loading of server.conf files from the R2 Squirrel server on a 0.4 server.

0.4-iniparser
Provides INI manipulation functions like those in the R2 Squirrel server.

0.4-sockets
Provides socket interfaces like those in R2 Squirrel.

0.4-announce
Announces a server to the 0.4 masterlist.

Automated builds of the Linux versions of the plugins above can be found here:
http://v04.maxorator.com/04plugins

Installation Instructions
  • Extract the server in any directory you like.
  • Create a directory named plugins within the server directory.
  • Download and extract any plugins you like to the plugins folder.
  • Create a file named server.cfg
  • In server.cfg, add a plugins line in the following format: plugins module1 module2 module3
  • To use the Squirrel plugin, add a sqgamemode line in server.cfg in the following format: sqgamemode MyScript.nut

Squirrel Documentation
A list of functions and callbacks can be found on the VC:MP Wiki:
http://wiki.vc-mp.org/index.php?title=Scripting_Resources

Bug and Crash Reports
Like previous public betas, bugs and crashes can be reported on the forum. However, we also have a new bugtracker at http://bugz.maxorator.com which can be used to report and track bugs in both the server and client as well.

Bug reports filed on the forum will receive responses, but will also be filed on the new bugtracker as well.

Refer to the Reporting Bugs and Crashes thread (linked) for further information and instructions.

kapilbaduwal

Hmmm hey man i am new in VCMP its too different then SAmp all things aer different,Gamemodes/everytinhg controling server all are diffrent can you tell me how can i play and i have lots of question regarding to VCMP

Quote from: kapilbaduwal on Feb 14, 2015, 03:09 AMi have lots of question regarding to VCMP

This isn't the place for them.

MacTavish

Sorry for posting here if it isnt a correct place sqlite04rel32.so link is dead please update

QuoteOops, you've found a dead link.

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Thijn

Quote from: Beztone on Apr 16, 2015, 09:29 AMSorry for posting here if it isnt a correct place sqlite04rel32.so link is dead please update

QuoteOops, you've found a dead link.
Reuploaded. You can always find automated builds here

EightyVice

Anyone help me  iam new player and I want to learn the basics how to chat and register and how I do commands ;)

Stormeus

Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on Feb 05, 2016, 12:05 PMAnyone help me  iam new player and I want to learn the basics how to chat and register and how I do commands ;)

Press T to chat, press TAB to open and close the console. Most servers will have a /register command that you can type into chat to do stuff. Try typing /help and /commands (or !help and !commands if that doesn't work) to see what other commands are available, as it varies depending on the server you're on.