Client Update for 0.4 Released (July 20)

Started by Stormeus, Jul 20, 2016, 05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 20, 2016, 05:32 AMFixed the automatic scrollbar for listboxes not appearing until being forced to re-render by interacting with it or its parent window
Fixed the automatic scrollbar for listboxes not disappearing after clearing the listbox

Now, if a listbox containing items is removed, it crashes the client.

NewK

Quote from: Drake on Jul 26, 2016, 11:20 AM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 20, 2016, 05:32 AMFixed the automatic scrollbar for listboxes not appearing until being forced to re-render by interacting with it or its parent window
Fixed the automatic scrollbar for listboxes not disappearing after clearing the listbox

Now, if a listbox containing items is removed, it crashes the client.
I noticed this aswell, now you have to clean all the items first before you null the listbox variable. You need to do "listbox.Clean();" always before doing "listbox = null;" If you do it like that, it won't crash.

As long as we're on the subject of listboxes, I have previously reported that using "GUIListbox.RemoveItem(index)" freezes the game with no error logs. Not sure if this is still happening with this latest update, but might be worth looking into.

Drake

Quote from: NewK on Jul 26, 2016, 03:02 PMI noticed this aswell, now you have to clean all the items first before you null the listbox variable. You need to do "listbox.Clean();" always before doing "listbox = null;" If you do it like that, it won't crash.
Yes, I am already doing this as an alternative before this is fixed.

Quote from: NewK on Jul 26, 2016, 03:02 PMAs long as we're on the subject of listboxes, I have previously reported that using "GUIListbox.RemoveItem(index)" freezes the game with no error logs. Not sure if this is still happening with this latest update, but might be worth looking into.
This only happens if the name of the item doesn't match any from the list. Like if an item named "1. test" is there and we do .RemoveItem("test"), it will freeze but if we put the whole text .RemoveItem("1. test"), it works perfectly.

At least that's what I caught up with once.

NewK

Quote from: Drake on Jul 26, 2016, 03:51 PMThis only happens if the name of the item doesn't match any from the list. Like if an item named "1. test" is there and we do .RemoveItem("test"), it will freeze but if we put the whole text .RemoveItem("1. test"), it works perfectly.

Ah I see what you mean. I wrongly assumed that parameter was the index/position of the item. Good to know.

Drake

Quote from: NewK on Jul 26, 2016, 04:12 PM
Quote from: Drake on Jul 26, 2016, 03:51 PMThis only happens if the name of the item doesn't match any from the list. Like if an item named "1. test" is there and we do .RemoveItem("test"), it will freeze but if we put the whole text .RemoveItem("1. test"), it works perfectly.

Ah I see what you mean. I wrongly assumed that parameter was the index/position of the item. Good to know.
Though it really should be the index/position.