Mass VC:MP videos takedown

Started by PunkNoodle, Nov 17, 2016, 10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkNoodle

It's been noted lately that a lot of VC:MP videos have been taken down for no apparent reason, with the copyright claimant always being the same, named Online Copyrights Form. The videos that have been removed differed a lot in nature, some of them had music, some of them didn't, and content: server events/preview, random gameplay, DM, and I suppose all of them were public, not unlisted or private. The only thing in common was VC:MP.
The copyright claim isn't related to music, and has been always issued manually by the claimant, granting the instant removal of the flagged video.
Several accounts have also been removed due to getting at least three videos flagged in a short time and thus incurring in the takedown.

I'd be glad if anyone who got videos flagged by Online Copyrights Form, [email protected] can post about it in this topic, using the following format:

General account info:

Account name: your YouTube account name.
Account removed: yes/no.
Videos flagged: 1,2,3 etc. (only those about the previously mentioned claimant!)

And for each video:

Video title: your removed VC:MP video title.
Video url: your removed VC:MP video url.
Content: a brief description of what was your video about.
Music: yes/no, only game audio, completely mute, etc.
Consequence: video removed, audio muted, etc.
Extra notes: anything that may be relevant about the copyright claim.

Note that all the fields are optional, but the more info you can give the better. The purpose of this topic is trying to understand what's the reason behind this massive takedown. To my knowledge around 50 VC:MP videos have been flagged and removed, not counting all the other videos, even about VC:MP, that have gone lost due to entire accounts being removed. Who knows if together we will be able to track down the cause and maybe something more.

I'll add the videos to the first post, as long as format is used properly.

Terminated accounts:

Account name: sebastyann1
Account removed: yes, permanently.
Extra notes: They were supposed to send a mail detailing the reason, but they did send nothing.

Sebastian

Account name: sebastyann1
Account removed: yes, permanently.
more: They were supposed to send a mail detailing the reason, but they did send nothing.

PS: don't ask about my username.

vito

Big Brother is going to remove vc-mp from history.

EK.IceFlake

Just to help people... a quick search on http://alternativeto.net/ found me http://vid.me/ an alternative to youtube

Piterus

99% of Polish vcmp movies ('06-'16) gone. Several accounts as well. It wasn't only videos with gameplay, but with screens too. Some without any music anyway.
VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

PunkNoodle

Thanks to @Michael (really many thanks for your collaboration) I got ahold of the email they sent to him in response after one of his video got removed. I'll attach it under spoiler because it's a big chunk of text. (I think under quote it gets more visibility).

Quote from: email responseDear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for your e-mail. We have submitted a notice of copyright infringement in your YouTube videos due to the fact that the use of whole or parts of materials or
recordings of graphical environments (also modified) games or images/graphics for which we have the copyright and/or property rights. We would like to declare,
that Online Copyrights Form has a license, copyrights and depending on the (reported) film, the authority to act on behalf of the owner recordings on management
of fields of exploitation and the publications of audiovisual contents.
According to informations we have, we have reason to argue that in most cases you do not have an exclusive license or agreement to use the materials on which we reported
objections in the notice of copyright infringement. Without agreement granted by us and the license or agreement of the owner of the material that would violate his
or our copyrights, is not authorized any third party to publish content to which the user has violated our rights or the rights of the owner, behalf whom we are obliged
to take appropriate activities. If you need the reason on basis of which removed your videos, we can send its short explanatory form. We hope, that in this case it
will not be necessary due to the fact possibility of mutual cooperation in the matter of the infringement.
We understand that the reported claim by us can block certain features on your account or prevent access to the options from which you could use or claim could completely
block your account. If you send us the channel name, the exact URL of your videos removed by us together with the credible proof of their removal manually from YouTube
service by you and you provide us necessary informations for processing of withdraw the claim, such as your name, city and postcode of your place of residence and your
actual phone number on which we can send a message to authenticate your identity, then we will commit to immediately send a notification about withdraw claim of copyright
to YouTube in relation to your videos.
In the case comply with the above cooperation, in your account within approximately 5 working days copyright infringement notification would be deleted and the access to
locked features have been unlocked by YouTube.

Thank you for cooperation.
Yours faithfully,

--

Legal department,

Association & organization of copyright holders,
Online Copyrights Form.

Really I think this is so fishy for so many reasons, their whole point is absurd either. I'd like to know, particularly from @sseebbyy, @Michael, how did you react to it? and @Piterus, do you know if anyone within the polish community tried disputing the claim or asked that they send their "short explanatory form" as they call it?

By the way @sseebbyy did you check this? there is a form to fill up in order to restore your terminated account, you may try it.

Piterus

VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

Sebastian

I have been using copyrighted music since ever, so there is no chance to recover my videos.

Hanney

Had 2 of my videos taken down. I couldn't really find out any information about who submitted it as "Online Copyrights Form" just sounds very anonymous and generic. I thought it was some salty kid from vc-mp community with some kind of long grudge, I'm not really bothered by the videos being deleted though just wondering who is behind it and why.

I suggest that if you are to be hit with one strike and do care about your videos to use some service or program to back up all of your other videos. That way if a video is removed or in worse case account terminated you can still reupload them on a new account or elsewhere. Sure that will cause you to lose views/likes but atleast they will still be viewable.

Fuzzie

Just curious, what does the message header say? Maybe it could give more info about the copyright claimant.

Radon

Account name: Michael
Account removed: Yes it's it
Videos flagged: 2 as how far i remember

Sebastian

In my case, everything started when I tried the AdSense thing.
I've seen that my GTA 5 video got a lot of views, so I thought there is some chance to do some money just by uploading gameplays.

After few days, I got the first strike. Then I removed the $ from all my videos I've uploaded, and let it turned on only for the videos I was not using copyrighted music.
Then I got the second strike... for some other video that had not the "money-maker" turned on.

I removed my AdSense account and connection with YT hoping to avoid the banning.

After few more days, I've seen Michael's post... and checked my account:
This account has been (permanently) terminated.

This makes me unable to do the basic/standard application.
The only way to do such a thing is to do a custom one, where I have to give and agree with too much things:

-my real address
-accept the judgement of the federals of my city
-truely say that my videos were removed/deactivated by mistake ,and that there is no copyrighted material inside my videos
-my own real signature

So... it was my mistake. Maybe using AdSense was just the mistake.

I have a question: Have you also been using AdSense while you got your videos removed ?

Radon

Quote from: sseebbyy on Nov 22, 2016, 08:34 PMIn my case, everything started when I tried the AdSense thing.
I've seen that my GTA 5 video got a lot of views, so I thought there is some chance to do some money just by uploading gameplays.

After few days, I got the first strike. Then I removed the $ from all my videos I've uploaded, and let it turned on only for the videos I was not using copyrighted music.
Then I got the second strike... for some other video that had not the "money-maker" turned on.

I removed my AdSense account and connection with YT hoping to avoid the banning.

The only way to do such a thing is to do a custom one, where I have to give and agree with too much things:

-my real address
-truely say that my videos were removed/deactivated by mistake ,and that there is no copyrighted material inside my videos
-my own real signature

I have a question: Have you also been using AdSense while you got your videos removed ?
i'm pretty sure yes.

Darran

Quote from: sseebbyy on Nov 21, 2016, 04:22 PMI have been using copyrighted music since ever, so there is no chance to recover my videos.

try contact to Youtube
Quote from: sseebbyy on Nov 22, 2016, 08:34 PMIn my case, everything started when I tried the AdSense thing.

-my real address
-my own real signature

ever check your channel CTR??

Radon

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
MY ACCOUNT WAS FUCKING DISABLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MASTURBATE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!