Help please.

Started by azbee, Jan 04, 2017, 12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jWeb

Well, normally I wouldn't make such recommendations but i'm just too lazy to waste time in helping you find the issue. So I'll just use the quick and dirty method and see if that does the job.

Grab libpng15.dll and put it into your /Windows/system32 folder or in a system path where it can be located by applications.

Which reminds me, why do you guys use such an old version of libpng? 1.6.27 is available and you're still using 1.5.13 (~5 years old). Which has quite some nasty vulnerabilities according to the official site.

azbee

Quote from: jWeb on Jan 04, 2017, 01:16 AMWell, normally I wouldn't make such recommendations but i'm just too lazy to waste time in helping you find the issue. So I'll just use the quick and dirty method and see if that does the job.

Grab libpng15.dll and put it into your /Windows/system32 folder or in a system path where it can be located by applications.

Which reminds me, why do you guys use such an old version of libpng? 1.6.27 is available and you're still using 1.5.13 (~5 years old). Which has quite some nasty vulnerabilities according to the official site.
Didn't work.

jWeb

Well then, that message was correct then. Your AV probably blocked that DLL (not the first time it happened). Because it's such an old version with so many vulnerabilities and issues. It's no wonder.

You only chance is to either pause your AV while playing or add the `OS Drive Letter:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\AppData\Local\Vice City Multiplayer` path to your AV ignore/white list. With the latter being the preferred one.

PS: Stop quoting posts where not necessary.

azbee

I tried adding in to my white list and pausing my AV and still not working , I installed libpng15 into system32  and same error. :/

Cool

Danix

Did you try downloading libpng15.dll and placing it in your VC:MP installation folder?
If it still persists you can also try to register it by running command prompt as administrator and type the following (supposing you have placed it into your system32 folder):
Quoteregsvr32 libpng15.dll

azbee

Problem solved but i appreciate your help guys but turns out i have to copy and paste libpng15 in 04rel004 and 04rel003 special thanks to ZephElGamer for solving me this problem.