Russian Community

Started by Harvus, Feb 02, 2017, 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvus

Hello, dear community! VCMP I play for a long time, but I never understood why the chat is not supported by the Russian text. It is connected somehow to the fact that you have bad attitude towards Russian community? I just think we should be united. It's good impact on the overall online as Russian players are very much, but unfortunately, this problem sometimes prevents fully enjoy the game.

I apologize if this question has already been discussed.

jWeb

To understand the answer to your question you must first understand what the ASCII character set means and its limitations. And also a bit of computer knowledge. And by that I don't mean how to power your computer or browse the internet. But how the computer works.

But yeah, we all hate foreign languages. Just move on.

Harvus

Quote from: jWeb on Feb 02, 2017, 06:15 AMTo understand the answer to your question you must first understand what the ASCII character set means and its limitations. And also a bit of computer knowledge. And by that I don't mean how to power your computer or browse the internet. But how the computer works.

But yeah, we all hate foreign languages. Just move on.
Ok. Thanks for the answer.

vito

vcmp is not samp, forget this.
Even bugs here wont be fixed.
Kalinka malinka.

Harvus

Quote from: vito on Feb 02, 2017, 07:19 AMvcmp is not samp, forget this.
Even bugs here wont be fixed.
Kalinka malinka.
:D

Eva

Quote from: Harvus on Feb 02, 2017, 05:58 AMHello, dear community! VCMP I play for a long time, but I never understood why the chat is not supported by the Russian text. It is connected somehow to the fact that you have bad attitude towards Russian community? I just think we should be united. It's good impact on the overall online as Russian players are very much, but unfortunately, this problem sometimes prevents fully enjoy the game.

I apologize if this question has already been discussed.
If you want to be "United" we have to speak the same language right? Why russian then?

Harvus

QuoteIf you want to be "United" we have to speak the same language right? Why russian then?
Based on your answers, you are negatively disposed to the Russian. The word unanimous, I meant the game together, so that we can also chat, create their own server, comfortable to talk without transliteration.

Anyway, for you and for us it would be a good solution. Server instantly be filled with players, respectively, would have grown online. But is it bad? I think no.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Harvus on Feb 02, 2017, 10:12 AM
QuoteIf you want to be "United" we have to speak the same language right? Why russian then?
Based on your answers, you are negatively disposed to the Russian. The word unanimous, I meant the game together, so that we can also chat, create their own server, comfortable to talk without transliteration.

Anyway, for you and for us it would be a good solution. Server instantly be filled with players, respectively, would have grown online. But is it bad? I think no.
You could make a simple implementation of Unicode, if you wish. I'll make one for you if you want :D

jWeb

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 02, 2017, 10:25 AM...I'll make one for you if you want :D

Good joke. Almost laughed there for a bit.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: jWeb on Feb 02, 2017, 12:36 PM
Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 02, 2017, 10:25 AM...I'll make one for you if you want :D

If you have any doubts, let yourself know, I've almost completed it.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 02, 2017, 01:35 PM
Quote from: jWeb on Feb 02, 2017, 12:36 PM

If you have any doubts, let yourself know, I've almost completed it.

Unfortunately, sending text is causing me a lot of trouble, and atm you have to manually send encoded text. Keep note that this is on an unmodified server. This means you could use this on absolutely !any! server

jWeb

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 02, 2017, 02:51 PMUnfortunately, sending text is causing me a lot of trouble, and atm you have to manually send encoded text. Keep note that this is on an unmodified server. This means you could use this on absolutely !any! server

Does it involve people downloading some third party mod that they must inject into vcmp? Because if that's the case then it's useless.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: vito on Feb 02, 2017, 02:58 PM
Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 02, 2017, 02:51 PMhttp://i.imgur.com/WUEbjwM.jpg
How much it affect to fps on wooden PC?
0 ;) (no, really. It runs on a seperate thread and uses the win32 api rather than the directx api)

Quote from: jWeb on Feb 02, 2017, 03:06 PM
Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 02, 2017, 02:51 PMUnfortunately, sending text is causing me a lot of trouble, and atm you have to manually send encoded text. Keep note that this is on an unmodified server. This means you could use this on absolutely !any! server

Does it involve people downloading some third party mod that they must inject into vcmp? Because if that's the case then it's useless.
Just this

KAKAN

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 02, 2017, 04:10 PM
Quote from: vito on Feb 02, 2017, 02:58 PM
Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 02, 2017, 02:51 PMhttp://i.imgur.com/WUEbjwM.jpg
How much it affect to fps on wooden PC?
0 ;) (no, really. It runs on a seperate thread and uses the win32 api rather than the directx api)
You should also take note that not everyone has a dual or more core processor. I've seen many guys in VCMP with single-core processors, in that case, I guess threading won't work. Why not give a try to libuv?
oh no