gta-vc.exe has stopped working [VC-MP]

Started by XForce111, Feb 04, 2017, 11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XForce111

I Know, I've found the after pause menu when reconnect of Server GTA VC-MP the error must say

This problem will occurred on all server

KAKAN

Not all server really, only with servers which have GUIs.
Try VKs or LWs if that still occurs, reinstall VC, its most likely due to mods.
oh no

Jekko

I suggest you remove any mods if you installed there because vc-mp doesn't support them, elsewhere re-install the game or your OS doesn't support vc-mp.

jWeb

Well, if you're having issues with it. Here are some helpful installers that will install everything VC:MP needs to run. They're mostly silent so you don't have to do much when installing.

• DirectX.exe This is quite obvious what it does. But it installs the necessary DirectX files to run the game.
  • RuntimePack.exe This installs some rare old DLLs that some older programs may need in order to function properly.
  • VisualCplus.exe This one is going to install every Visual C++ Runtime version ever needed. 2005/2008/2010/2012/2013/2015 etc. In both x32 and x64 version. Including updates.

The C++ Runtime pack is going to take a while to finish. But look at the bright side. You don't have to do anything. It installs everything silently so you can go and get a coffee or something.

I normally use them after I install my windows because it's annoying to have to do all of them manually. And everything tends to work fine after that.

They can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4b1YKqY2NtSdHNtR1gwRXZWTnM

Disclaimer: These are actually taken from www.drp.su and they're quite helpful.

Forgot to include direct links if someone is suspicious:

Thijn

1. If you don't have DirectX installed GTA:VC wont boot, so that pack wont help.
2. Dodgy old DLLs, that sounds like trouble.
3. Pretty much the same as 1. Except the browser wouldn't even start without it. So he obviously has the needed redistributables.

Drp.su sounds handy, but in reality does absolutely nothing else then install useless crap and hope for the best one of their packs fixes stuff. Instead of installing only what you're actually going to use.

jWeb

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 06, 2017, 05:26 PM2. Dodgy old DLLs, that sounds like trouble.

I'm pretty sure you've witnessed people here literally copying the Visual C++ DLLs and whatever DLLs they come into contact with into either their game-folder or windows folder.

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 06, 2017, 05:26 PM3. Pretty much the same as 1. Except the browser wouldn't even start without it. So he obviously has the needed redistributables.

Again, same as before. And I've also seen people making a total mess from installing these. Wrong architecture, wrong versions and so on.

And to be honest, on rare occasions, I have seen the browser and game trying to start and crashing instead of requiring the exact DLL. From what I could tell. This was from the fact that MSVC does come in several updates, like SP1. Or like the 2013 version is just the SP1 version of the 2012 version. And these redistributables also have updates and patches that correspond with the VS version.

And sometimes, I've seen programs trying to load the initial version while compiled with the updated version and resulting in a crash. Which was fixed immediately as I installed the updated C++ redistributables.

I'm not joking about this. I have experienced it.

XForce111