Widescreen setting doesnt work in vc-mp

Started by MaxTunnerX, Mar 01, 2017, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxTunnerX

Simply said, I can change all display options in singleplayer, but every time I launch vc mp, the widescreen switches off automatically and when I try to put it back on, it turns off again in 1 millisecond. Also the resolution is stuck at 1600x900 so I cant just go to singleplayer, select a non-widescreen resolution and then start vc mp and play with black bars; noooo, sir. So what exactly can I do to either set widescreen on or set lower resolution?

I believe this was discussed already. Although I forgot the exact reason why this happens. And if I remember correctly this was intentional.

MaxTunnerX

Intentional? Wow, I hope not. Its not even modding, its VANILLA game settings. Makes no sense to prohibit that. Thanks for an ultra fast reply tho. Didnt see that one coming :D

KAKAN

In WideScreen view, there are 2 possibilities:-( IIRC, 1 is correct )
1. Players get stretched because VC tries to make the screen wider to support your monitor.
2. You can see more area around you because VC made those area available to fix those black spaces in your monitor.

That's why it was intentional :)
oh no

MaxTunnerX

First of all I disagree fully with disabling widescreen, cant remember anyone enforcing crappy visuals just because an old game gives a small advantage to some/most players.

Secondly, now I tested setting resolution to a non-widescreen one and this time it suddenly worked. Thank god for that. Now I can happily play with my precious black bars and the not-fucked-up visuals. Id like to thank you for help, but there wasnt really any help so at least thanks for being so incredibly fast (really rare these days) and also for explaining the situation to me :)

Have a nice day and also #allowwidescreen.

aXXo

Widescreen changes a player's field of view. VCMP detects a player getting hit through their client's field of view. Hence a modified field of view would change a player's perspective of getting shot.

That means, players running their game on wide screen are harder to kill, so they have an advantage. This is why the feature is blocked and any attempt to make it work through fishy techniques is likely to get you banned from servers.

Servers can enable this option that allows clients to use wide-screen. So it's not VC:MP that enforces this behavior but the server.

KAKAN

oh no

MaxTunnerX

Ah I see. Its much clearer to me now. Also good thing that vc-mp itself doesnt enforce it (question is what is default). Anyway, can something be done in vc-mp to allow widescreen and have good hit detection at the same time? The problem is not so bad when the resolution isnt locked and when you know how to force games to use black bars, but some people might not know this and their experience can be ruined easily.

XForce111

<<link removed>>

Quote from: aXXo on Mar 01, 2017, 06:41 PMThis is why the feature is blocked and any attempt to make it work through fishy techniques is likely to get you banned from servers.

XForce111

XForce111

Yeah, I  have this problem the Widescreeb Fix i use them and I Connect the VC-MP Server and game crash.