libpng15.dll is missing or could not be loaded with vcmp

Started by zeodex, Mar 12, 2017, 12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

It was deleted by your antivirus. VCMP uses an old version of LibPNG which contains some buffer overflows. Therefore, your AV thinks it's trying to alter/corrupt executable memory in the OS. Which are the traits of a malicious program. That's why it was removed/quarantined.

You need to white-list the %LocalAppData%\Vice City Multiplayer folder on your antivirus.

After you've white-listed the folder. I would suggest that you remove the 04rel004 sub-folder. To force the browser to re-download the mod again. Otherwise it'll still be missing.

zeodex

Quote from: zeodex on Mar 12, 2017, 12:46 PMHow to do it on symantec endpoint protection?

I literally have no idea. I don't use an AV so I wouldn't know the first thing about it. But a quick google search yields https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/sep-whitelisting

Which indicates that they have a weird naming convention for this. Which is why you probably couldn't figure it out.

zeodex

problem solved, i simply deleted 04rel004 and re-downloaded with vcmp, thnaks happy for being very helpfull <33333