Open Game Panel template

Started by Farzam, Mar 13, 2017, 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farzam

Hello everyone,

So, yeah. I was trying to set up a VCMP server for my community on my ubuntu 14.04 vps and I am using Open Game Panel to control my games which are hosted on the vps because they are a lot.

But, i've been facing problems. Like I couldn't find a pre defined game template for VCMP server to control the game on the open game panel because not only I need to access to FTP and files of the server but also I have users who are needing to access to server's control on my panel but I couldn't find the VCMP one and I started a VCMP server manually by this and I am currently using Vice City Multiplayer by Kalcor's game template and changed the executable name to VCMPServer but the server doesn't start good or the server isn't being edited.

I would like to know if anyone has this problem or has the template for the server on OGP and he would like to share it.

Thanks in advance!

KAKAN

clpudswards had a similar problem. Ask them for a solution.
oh no

Cool

You Mean Game Configurations file? Which is ViceCitymultiplayer.xml?

Farzam

Quote from: happymint2 on Mar 14, 2017, 10:03 AMYou Mean Game Configurations file? Which is ViceCitymultiplayer.xml?

Yeah, I think that's it. Even though I mean the one which is setting the server's executable game to VC-MP and I'm currently using the other VCMP as I said and I get this error on my panel user:

The game executable /home/ogp_agent/farz/vcmpserver/vcmp.bin was not found from the remote server

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 14, 2017, 07:20 AMclpudswards had a similar problem. Ask them for a solution.

Thanks, I'll try out but if anyone got more information or had this problem please I'd be grateful if you give me a hand, I don't know much PHP nor XML so I cannot make another configuration file ...

Cool

Quote from: Farzam on Mar 14, 2017, 10:41 AM
Quote from: happymint2 on Mar 14, 2017, 10:03 AMYou Mean Game Configurations file? Which is ViceCitymultiplayer.xml?

Yeah, I think that's it. Even though I mean the one which is setting the server's executable game to VC-MP and I'm currently using the other VCMP as I said and I get this error on my panel user:

The game executable /home/ogp_agent/farz/vcmpserver/vcmp.bin was not found from the remote server

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 14, 2017, 07:20 AMclpudswards had a similar problem. Ask them for a solution.

Thanks, I'll try out but if anyone got more information or had this problem please I'd be grateful if you give me a hand, I don't know much PHP nor XML so I cannot make another configuration file ...
OH so listen First of all access your Vps via Winscp/filezilla And goto the directory where you installed ogp usually peoples installing it in /var/www/html if its is Then goto this location as i given here /var/www/html/ogp/modules/config_games/server_configs  and find here the file Named Vicecitymultiplayer.xml and replace all the line with my given config file now you are done try to start server now it will work

<game_config>
  <game_key>vcmp_linux32</game_key>
  <protocol>lgsl</protocol>
  <lgsl_query_name>vcmp</lgsl_query_name>
  <game_name>Vice City Multiplayer</game_name>
  <server_exec_name>mpsvrrel64</server_exec_name>
  <max_user_amount>100</max_user_amount>
  <mods>
    <mod key="vcmp">
      <name>none</name>
    </mod>
  </mods>
</game_config>

Farzam

Quote from: happymint2 on Mar 14, 2017, 10:49 AM
Quote from: Farzam on Mar 14, 2017, 10:41 AM

OH so listen First of all access your Vps via Winscp/filezilla And goto the directory where you installed ogp usually peoples installing it in /var/www/html if its is Then goto this location as i given here /var/www/html/ogp/modules/config_games/server_configs  and find here the file Named Vicecitymultiplayer.xml and replace all the line with my given config file now you are done try to start server now it will work

<game_config>
  <game_key>vcmp_linux32</game_key>
  <protocol>lgsl</protocol>
  <lgsl_query_name>vcmp</lgsl_query_name>
  <game_name>Vice City Multiplayer</game_name>
  <server_exec_name>mpsvrrel64</server_exec_name>
  <max_user_amount>100</max_user_amount>
  <mods>
    <mod key="vcmp">
      <name>none</name>
    </mod>
  </mods>
</game_config>

It's already the same config that I am currently using ...

Cool

No you didnt,  i changed some words in this config if you are using then why you get this shitty error
You did not updated vcmp file name and other things
QuoteThe game executable /home/ogp_agent/farz/vcmpserver/vcmp.bin was not found from the remote server[/quoute]

Farzam

Thank you a lot happymint! Problem is solved.