Object in Client-Side

Started by Luis_Labarca, Mar 17, 2017, 02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luis_Labarca

Hi guys, is there any way to tell if I'm near an object on the client side

I saw these functions but I do not know if you can
Property Type (read-only)
Type: int
The type of this entity, always OBJ_BUILDING.

Property ModelIndex (read-only)
Type: int

Property Position (read-only)
Type: Vector
My server RP
IP: 51.222.28.159:8194

EK.IceFlake

1. Write a distance function using the Pythagorean theorem.
2. Compare World.FindLocalPlayer().Position with object.Position.

vito

Well if you shoot an object it may be used to get model ID (useful for map editing/debugging). No any more cases to using that. Client side has no functions to do what you want (I hope - yet). So currently you need to transfer tons of data from/to server to make clientside powerful.

Luis_Labarca

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Mar 17, 2017, 04:02 AM1. Write a distance function using the Pythagorean theorem.
thanks bro
My server RP

Luis_Labarca

Quote from: vito on Mar 17, 2017, 05:54 AMWell if you shoot an object it may be used to get model ID (useful for map editing/debugging). No any more cases to using that. Client side has no functions to do what you want (I hope - yet). So currently you need to transfer tons of data from/to server to make clientside powerful.
Not only I need is what of object.pos and I will try to do what I think to see rsi me works
My server RP

Luis_Labarca

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Mar 17, 2017, 04:02 AM1. Write a distance function using the Pythagorean theorem.
Gg I do not know how to identify an object from client-side and how the distance could give me an example
My server RP

vito

well It's not possible to get object ID in client side, only model ID and only via shooting (as i know)

Luis_Labarca

Quote from: vito on Mar 17, 2017, 05:51 PMwell It's not possible to get object ID in client side, only model ID and only via shooting (as i know)
ok thanks bro
My server RP

kennedyarz

Quote from: vito on Mar 17, 2017, 05:51 PMwell It's not possible to get object ID in client side, only model ID and only via shooting (as i know)

Or set as constant const table = "500";

Oks No xD