Phasing out VC:MP 0.3 and its masterlist

Started by Stormeus, Apr 11, 2015, 06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariu22S

Well it finally happened.

Also encourage you to move now on version 0.4 :)

Thijn

Quote from: stormeus on Apr 12, 2015, 02:06 AM@Thijn — do you still have that 0.4 aggregate server tracker? I'm curious as to how this announcement affected player counts.
I most certainly do :)

0.4 | 0.3
Looks like there's quite a change in the 0.4 player counts, but 0.3 is pretty much doing it's usual thing.

Mariu22S

What if someone will release a new client to 0.3 ? And new masterlist

Stormeus

Quote from: Mariu22S on Apr 12, 2015, 11:53 AMWhat if someone will release a new client to 0.3 ? And new masterlist

You'd have to be insane or stupid to do that.

I have no idea what happened to the 0.3 source code anyway, so people would have to work from the 0.1 source code and reimplement every fix and feature from then on.

Gudio

He probably meant custom masterlist server which would be included in VRocker's browser (open source).

Stormeus

Quote from: Gudio on Apr 12, 2015, 06:52 PMHe probably meant custom masterlist server which would be included in VRocker's browser (open source).

@VRocker would likely shut down his masterlist around the same time, if not sooner. The LU team pulled the 0.3 Squirrel server before we even managed to get a hold of the official 0.3 masterlist anyway.

As for anyone else making an open sourced masterlist alternative, it'd probably be too much effort for those who would want to make such a project for it to be worth it. If it were done, they're free to do so. If anyone wants to put in the effort to keep 0.3 going now despite it being clearly inferior in almost every respect, more power to them.

4kUM45

Well decision, come on why people still play 0.3 nowadays, time to move on

morphine

This project took quite the time to hit the fan, glad it finally did though.

RaDRoacH

Mariu22S

Kessu

@Maddy post it in the bug section. ^^

Honey

Quote from: Maddy on Apr 15, 2015, 12:56 PMI just checked out VC:MP 0.4, when I try to get into any server, it shows "Injected thread is hung." So I can't access any server. Help pls

[Off] Tbh, I thought stormeus posted that, Human Brains can be fooled so easily :P

That sometimes happened with me too, I'd recommend restarting Your client if you haven't done it yet and If the error's still there, make a new thread @ the bug reporting area

Mariu22S

Gulk

I doubt it will be tonight for some reason oo_oo but who knows...flip the goddamn switch!!!!!!!!!