Phasing out VC:MP 0.3 and its masterlist

Started by Stormeus, Apr 11, 2015, 06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

Quote from: Doom_Killer on May 01, 2015, 09:39 AMThere is alot more to look and experience in VCMP now but players would like to stick with LW or XE just cuz they are going to be scripted in C++? 'Kay then.

It's weird because no one can tell the difference between a C++ and a Squirrel server. Because there really isn't any other than a layer of abstraction on the back end.

Sk

well i think having a server with squirrel or c++ doesn't make any difference in player count as what does matter is how server does interact with player because i would play in other server but lw is my first choice as i have been playing it for a long time and i will keep playing it but if someday i want to try something new i will try out some new server as i see a server with more then 10 player i will join it and the player count on that server will go above 30 but that doesn't make that server popular. tell me if i am wrong.

DizzasTeR

Quote from: stormeus on May 01, 2015, 11:10 AMIt's weird because no one can tell the difference between a C++ and a Squirrel server. Because there really isn't any other than a layer of abstraction on the back end.

That's exactly my point.

aXXo

Quote from: Doom_Killer on May 01, 2015, 09:39 AMIndeed, its true that when LW wasn't on 0.4 We had alot of players, but what I see now is that VCMP players don't give a sh*t about other servers no matter how better or how unique they are, not trying to be meany here but that's my opinion, There is alot more to look and experience in VCMP now but players would like to stick with LW or XE just cuz they are going to be scripted in C++? 'Kay then.
To be fair, LW has a hard earned dedicated player base. Scripts don't matter when players have the server in their favorites and don't need to check the master list.

A unique script does not guarantee a player base. Imagine a server streaming epileptic music, with players firing Miniguns glued to Linerunners driving around with nitro boost on zero gravity.
I'd rather play on the blank game mode.