Phasing out VC:MP 0.3 and its masterlist

Started by Stormeus, Apr 11, 2015, 06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

Thanks to bakasan generously reprovisioning access to the original VC:MP web server, we are beginning to phase out VC:MP 0.3 and its masterlist.

As of this posting, vicecitymultiplayer.com redirects to our new website at vc-mp.org, and is marked as a "permanent" redirect in order to make it clear to search engines that this is our new address. This is intended to encourage users to begin using 0.4 over 0.3.

We will also be launching a number of locked dummy servers to show users browsing the 0.3 masterlist that we are in the process of shutting it down, and warning them and server owners to transition to 0.4 immediately.

On Friday, May 1, the VC:MP 0.3 masterlist will be shut down. No new servers will be allowed to announce to it. No existing servers will appear to users trying to access the masterlist. Anyone who wishes to continue playing on 0.3 after the masterlist shutdown may do so by adding servers to their favorites list and accessing them there. However, no 0.3 servers may advertise on this forum, and no official 0.3 server builds will be provided on our website or the ModDB downloads section.

After May 1, we may begin moving the old forum and other data onto our new server here. After that point, it's up to bakasan to decide what he wants to do with the legacy web server.

PlayerX

It was time, I do not remember how old was this. xD
If some see me on a server and see that I'm not from Argentina, is an impostor >_>.
Playing since 9 years.

PlayerX

Quote from: KingOfVC on Apr 11, 2015, 07:24 AMyuppi! rip 0.3 :D
Juppi, Force, Mattz, Adtec... emmmm, Force... xD
Creating new server.
If some see me on a server and see that I'm not from Argentina, is an impostor >_>.
Playing since 9 years.

Deathwish

Maddy

Ei laggers, read up. No more advantage for you.

Sk

finally this happened!!
official servers will shown on official server tab??

Stormeus

Quote from: Sk on Apr 11, 2015, 08:05 AMfinally this happened!!
official servers will shown on official server tab??

The official tab for 0.3 will also shut down like everyone else.

If you're referring to the 0.4 tab then yes, we're just waiting for the 0.3 official servers to move up.

karan20000000000

How about some sort of last RIP 0.3 event in vcmp 0.3? :D
With regards,
KP
------------------------------------------

Gudio

Port ShowOnRadar 0/1/2 to 0.4 and A/D will be done.

Miracle

Does vcmp 0.4 browser will be updated at the same time? :)

Stormeus

Quote from: Miracle on Apr 11, 2015, 09:31 AMDoes vcmp 0.4 browser will be updated at the same time? :)

We aren't aware of anything that should be done with the browser other than possibly making the auto-update functionality optional. If you have any other ideas of things to add, please let us know.