Bug in VCMP or Windows

Started by TheKilledDead, May 02, 2017, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKilledDead

I DONT KNOW why this happens and as u can see on the video

https://youtu.be/7hiaR7Xrgoo

luchgox

Its does not happens only in VC:MP,This also happens to me and i got no way to fix and finally i installed a new windows
Strength does not come from wining.Your struggles develop your strengths.

PunkNoodle

You need to increase the streaming memory, join any VC:MP server and type /setconfig game_streammem 512, that should do.
Please report back if this solved your issue, so other people can know as well.

KAKAN

Quote from: PunkNoodle on May 03, 2017, 02:36 AMYou need to increase the streaming memory, join any VC:MP server and type /setconfig game_streammem 512, that should do.
Please report back if this solved your issue, so other people can know as well.
The last time I checked, it made no difference.
That thing doesn't work. If it's really on streaming memory, then the RAM usage should increase as well( I had GTA IV mods, each mod weighs around 3MB ). But, I saw no RAM difference in it. That's what I think stream memory does. But, maybe, it's the stream'd distance for objects?
oh no

PunkNoodle

If you decrease the streaming memory for example to 15-30, I don't remember the exact value, you'll get exactly the same flickering the OP has, that's why I assume he can fix the issue by increasing. As for your question I attach this quote:

Quote from: maxorator on Apr 21, 2016, 12:49 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 21, 2016, 12:05 PM
Quote from: maxorator on Apr 21, 2016, 09:58 AM
Quote from: rww on Apr 21, 2016, 09:55 AM
Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 21, 2016, 06:45 AM
Quote from: Tarkan on Apr 20, 2016, 06:32 PMThis will change your game stream memory to 512. Can be done in other ways by going in your %appdata% folder and finding the vcmp_config.txt file and changing the value to 512. I'm not guaranteeing this will solve anything but it is worth a shot.
It's already 1024 :D ( to what I remember )
But what it would do? stream memory for custom objects or what?

For all (custom & standard) objects.
Streaming memory only has to do with game's default objects. Custom objects/vehicles/skins/weapons don't use it.
So what would happen if we increase the limit? I feel nothing different
After a few hundred megabytes the whole default map fits in the streaming memory. Then there's no difference beyond that.