[1/2] Client Update for 0.4 Released (2017-05-27)

Started by Stormeus, May 27, 2017, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

A client update has been released for 04rel004.
  • Fixed the game crashing when trying to load excessively large MP3/OGG files
  • Fixed the game crashing in certain scenarios if a custom radar disc is loaded.
  • Fixed the game crashing when attempting to restore map objects that weren't hidden to the client.
  • Fixed the game crashing when disconnecting from a server with GUI skins or sprites loaded.
  • Fixed a memory leak when loading server store files.
  • Fixed a memory leak when loading certain custom vehicles with invalid structure.
  • Fixed the client failing to establish a connection in time to servers with many customizations that they had joined previously.
  • Miscellaneous bugfixes and stability improvements.
This update will take effect upon reloading the browser.

Anik

DizzasTeR

Anik

Flags still not working on compiled scripts.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Anik on May 27, 2017, 02:10 PMFlags still not working on compiled scripts.
FFS don't compile them.

KAKAN

Quote from: Anik on May 27, 2017, 02:00 PMStormeus on fire
Guess that fire killed maxorator xd

Best of luck devs. Hope you stay active like that all the time.
oh no

NicusorN5

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: NicusorN5 on May 27, 2017, 02:29 PM
Quote from: EK.IceFlake on May 27, 2017, 02:10 PM
Quote from: Anik on May 27, 2017, 02:10 PMFlags still not working on compiled scripts.
FFS don't compile them.
What about the script stealers?
You mean script borrowers?
Anyways, client side scripts are almost always coded horribly which makes them almost impossible to understand.
The only exception I have seen to date to this is XE. Drake has done a very remarkable job there.

NicusorN5

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on May 27, 2017, 02:48 PM
FFS don't compile them.
Anyways, client side scripts are almost always coded horribly which makes them almost impossible to understand.
True, in client side scripts I'm unable to create a button xD.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: NicusorN5 on May 27, 2017, 02:51 PM
Quote from: EK.IceFlake on May 27, 2017, 02:48 PM
FFS don't compile them.
True, in client side scripts I'm unable to create a button xD.
I'm talking about how scripters make them.
I know of a server that has only one real script file (the other one simply loads the real script file because it is _mem.nuted) with tens of thousands of lines of code in it. (14490 to be specific plus an extra 2 blank lines at the end)
And all variables are in Spanish, to add to the confusion of whoever doesn't speak it (not saying this is intentional).
And it's 588 KB.
It makes everything in the root table.
I do mean everything. Take a look at this little snippet
SpriteMenuArmas1<-null;
SpriteMenuArmas2<-null;
SpriteMenuArmas3<-null;
SpriteMenuArmas4<-null;
It has so much repitition that I compressed it down to 44 KB from 588 KB in less than a quarter of a second.

[Elv]Woodland

YOU BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAzEe21

Quote from: Woodland on May 27, 2017, 03:02 PMYOU BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EightyVice

Am i dreaming ? :v 3 months inactive = 3 updates cool :v

Sebastian

Thanks!

Still unable to dive-out of a car in high speed :/
Now I can hear a scream, but ped is not jumping ... Sometimes it does it, but just LATEEER

Casper