[CRASH] Application error

Started by Grove4life, Jun 03, 2017, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grove4life

ANYTHING else needed????? Why can't I play online??

Stormeus

The browser may not be detecting your game as a Steam copy, and may be trying to do DLL injections specific to the retail copy of the game that break Steam loading. What happens if you try using the "Autolocate Steam version" button in the Tools > Settings panel of the browser?

Also, did you change your Steam library's path?

Grove4life

No I didn't change my Steam library path.
And I already tried autolocating steam version but get "Could not locate the path to Steam GTA Vice City"

Sebastian

Aren't you (by mistake) running the testapp.exe instead of gtavc.exe ?

Grove4life

Quote from: sseebbyy on Jun 05, 2017, 12:47 PMAren't you (by mistake) running the testapp.exe instead of gtavc.exe ?
I'm using the shortcut that VCMP placed on the desktop for me!!! Ain't there just one VCMP browser?

Sebastian

Can you show me the gtavc.exe path from your VCMP Browser ?

Grove4life

Do you mean the path of VCMP? That one is 0.4, I'm not sure what the path of the game itself is.

Sebastian

Grove4life

Oh, when I though you meant that I thought I thought that wrong, no more thinking for me.

It didn't fit on one screen so...

Grove4life

Dam it

second one is first one and first one is second one.

Sebastian

I've heard once something about loading testapp.exe instead of default game executive.
Not sure if it's related to this at all, but it's all you get for now, since there is nothing else to do.
So you can try that. All you need to do is replace gta-vc.exe with testapp.exe inside VCMP Browser.

If it won't run that way, rename testapp.exe to gta-vc.exe in your \steamapps\common\GTA VC, change back the path in vcmp browser and try once more to join a server.

Grove4life

Tried it:

VC:MP requires Vice City version 1.0.
You are using an unknown version.

So unless you got a proper 1.0 download link for the game, it stops here.

WAIT

IT WORKS

FINALLY

THANK YOU

Grove4life

Only to find out that the one server kicks me because it already registered my email while I never been there before and the other server is full of hackers.

Grove4life

Is there any serrver where there is more to it then just kill kill kill?

PunkNoodle

Daydream, Argonath and Brasil Real RPG mainly, other servers might also have some RPG features like minigames and stuff but I think in each of them DM is allowed.