Client Update for 0.4 Released (2017-06-05)

Started by Stormeus, Jun 04, 2017, 07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

A client update has been released for 04rel004.
  • Implemented client-side functions for getting datetime. New client-side scripting elements have been added:
    • System.GetDate([timestamp, [format]]) — follows the same syntax as the Squirrel standard library's date function; both parameters are optional
    • System.GetTimestamp() — returns the number of seconds since the UNIX epoch; equivalent to Squirrel's time function
  • Fixed the game crashing if too many custom vehicles were loaded across reconnects.
  • Fixed the game crashing when reloading 7z archives when reconnecting to servers.
  • Fixed memory leaking when loading 7z files, PNG files and custom vehicles with additional components.
  • Fixed the vehicle lights flag being overridden by being unoccupied.
  • Fixed remote players standing up too early if pressing their sprint key while crouching and firing.
This update will take effect upon reloading the browser.

SAzEe21

Sebastian

KAKAN

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 04, 2017, 07:56 AMFixed remote players standing up too early if pressing their sprint key while crouching and firing.
Finally. This is something helpful for players :)
Great work :)
oh no

DizzasTeR

DizzasTeR

Quote from: . on Jun 04, 2017, 10:43 AM
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jun 04, 2017, 10:38 AMPlease fix server crashes.

You're ambiguous.

Yes I've said before that my server does not crash, and it does not because there are various reasons for that. But typically we all know vcmp server crashes on linux. I'm facing this issue at another place.

Milko

• Fixed remote players standing up too early if pressing their sprint key while crouching and firing.

I don't understand this one... what's it like in practice?

Kelvin Garcia Mendoza

Sebastian

Quote from: Milko on Jun 04, 2017, 02:11 PM

You have seen it, for sure.
It's when a player is firing while crouched, then FASTLY stand up and run -like he was never crouched-
(I hope that's it)

EightyVice

Stormeus

Quote from: Milko on Jun 04, 2017, 02:11 PM

The bullet timings are tough to get right on localhost but this was the original behavior when crouched and tapping the sprint key:

https://youtu.be/NTaPQQlo4b0

This might've caused very small bullet sync issues.

vito1

When player crouching with uzi and holding [w] key his shoots also not well synced (even with 1ms ping), almost all time doing reload.

Stormeus

Quote from: vito1 on Jun 04, 2017, 06:10 PMWhen player crouching with uzi and holding [w] key his shoots also not well synced (even with 1ms ping), almost all time doing reload.

Is this a new bug after this update or was this always an issue?