Injecting commands

Started by EightyVice, Jun 09, 2017, 12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EightyVice

What i mean if there is a game
and we want to make the player shot from third party program like if there is a button if we press on it it make the player shot
so we change the entire function by function injecting in c++
or how?
any ideas?

ysc3839

I don't know what you mean. Do you mean making a program to control the game?

EightyVice

Quote from: ysc3839 on Jun 09, 2017, 12:42 AMI don't know what you mean. Do you mean making a program to control the game?
Yea that what i mean!

Stormeus

At that point you're more or less talking about developing hacks.

EightyVice

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 09, 2017, 01:56 AMAt that point you're more or less talking about developing hacks.
lol , just for making some mods in my game and a complement to my multiplayer mod in game called [Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project] you made me tell the name before i release it :P
but i really need the answer because there is not any answer in google

vito1

vc-mp is a hack itself, its injecting in vice city game.

EK.IceFlake

Use a debugger, find the offset that shoots (try using breakpoints) and either jmp to it or push the current offset into the callstack and call it. Never done this before so don't know which one you'd use for this.

EightyVice

Quote from: vito1 on Jun 09, 2017, 05:14 AMvc-mp is a hack itself, its injecting in vice city game.
All multiplayer mod [that without source code] are memory hack and network stuff.
Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Jun 09, 2017, 05:30 AMUse a debugger, find the offset that shoots (try using breakpoints) and either jmp to it or push the current offset into the callstack and call it. Never done this before so don't know which one you'd use for this.
that seems easy to be done in cheat engine but the problem is in injecting it in c++ .
that assembly sucks xD

Stormeus

Quote from: vito1 on Jun 09, 2017, 05:14 AMvc-mp is a hack itself, its injecting in vice city game.

You're not wrong.

EightyVice

Ok guys is there a way to inject the commands or that scripts in the memory , and getting the real offset like finding a needle in the hay :v
i think we need to ask @maxorator !

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on Jun 09, 2017, 06:48 AMOk guys is there a way to inject the commands or that scripts in the memory , and getting the real offset like finding a needle in the hay :v

i think we need to ask @maxorator !
You aren't supposed to guess the offset. You are supposed to actually find it.

Shadow

There's more to it than just finding an offset. You can mirror the behaviour produced when the shooting key is pressed (trigger the same function with the same parameters) and that'd probably be the easiest way to accomplish it.
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Shadow on Jun 11, 2017, 03:59 PMThere's more to it than just finding an offset. You can mirror the behaviour produced when the shooting key is pressed (trigger the same function with the same parameters) and that'd probably be the easiest way to accomplish it.
Do you know how to use a debugger to find out the address of the function where you are supposed to jmp to? I tried using a debugger today and didn't understand it at all.

Shadow

I don't think I'm supposed to talk about stuff like this since it could easily lead to development of hacks, but there are numerous sites that explain things like this on the internet, I'm sure you'll find the answer if you dig deep enough.
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

EightyVice

@EK.IceFake I used IDA but I can't even get the address
Quote from: Shadow on Jun 11, 2017, 05:14 PMI don't think I'm supposed to talk about stuff like this since it could easily lead to development of hacks, but there are numerous sites that explain things like this on the internet, I'm sure you'll find the answer if you dig deep enough.
Well, YouTube filled up with useless videos only for game health and so on, but injecting function I didn't find that I spent 3 weeks in that no hope
I though VCMP forum will help , you know why? And you too shadow