Downloading Files ? Question

Started by Nihongo^, Sep 07, 2017, 10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nihongo^

Hello guys i have a question last night i install new windows and then after doing all setting ( installing vcmp and GTA VC Directory )

i start vcmp and join VK's server its start download files which was 87. i was thinking about these files where he located ?. After

a research i found all files its located at C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\VCMP\04beta\store\<IP>

ok i found all server files

Since its located at C: Drive and after installing new windows we format c drive and all Files including these vcmp files delete ok ?

so what if i COPY ALL FILES and save them to drive D after installing new windows i paste them back to

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\VCMP\04beta\store\<IP>

what you think ? still i have to wait for download files ?

MatheuS

Quote from: Nihongo^ on Sep 07, 2017, 10:46 AMHello guys i have a question last night i install new windows and then after doing all setting ( installing vcmp and GTA VC Directory )

i start vcmp and join VK's server its start download files which was 87. i was thinking about these files where he located ?. After

a research i found all files its located at C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\VCMP\04beta\store\<IP>

Since its located at C: Drive and after installing new windows we format c drive and all Files including these vcmp files delete ok ?

so what if i COPY ALL FILES and save them to drive D after installing new windows i paste them back to

No, you don't need wait for download files again.
if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

KAKAN

Its even better to create a symlink if you reinstall your OS every while.
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: KAKAN on Sep 07, 2017, 12:28 PMIts even better to create a symlink if you reinstall your OS every while.
Do symlinks even exist in Windows?

Nihongo^

Quote from: MatheuS on Sep 07, 2017, 11:00 AM
Quote from: Nihongo^ on Sep 07, 2017, 10:46 AMHello guys i have a question last night i install new windows and then after doing all setting ( installing vcmp and GTA VC Directory )

No, you don't need wait for download files again.
Its mean its work ;d

KAKAN

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Sep 07, 2017, 12:45 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Sep 07, 2017, 12:28 PMIts even better to create a symlink if you reinstall your OS every while.
Yes, its called "shortcuts" or .Ink files.
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: KAKAN on Sep 07, 2017, 04:45 PM
They don't work as actual symlinks and VCMP will not recognize them.

vito1

"MKLINK /D C:\test E:\test" should work fine with any software, I've used it for RAM disk.

ysc3839

Quote from: KAKAN on Sep 07, 2017, 04:45 PM
.lnk is not symlink.