Two problems with Linux VPS.

Started by Nihongo^, Nov 17, 2017, 07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nihongo^

First of all i am sorry if i post in wrong section.

OK i've bought a vps and install my script + permission every thing is working fine till now.One of my noob friend said put this command

Quote./server -allow-server-runas-root

After that my script start running.My frind wants to change server's name so i press CTRL+Z ( to turn off the server ). i change the server name and again gives the same command to run the server

A error occurred "Port 5192 is already used are you using it ?" but the server was off so i change the port to 5196 and put the command.The server start normally. so how do i completely  kill the server ? in order to run again with same port next time

ok the second problem is

When i turn off the putty the server off with it. Cmon its mean i have to turn putty 24/7 on lmao. ( kidding ).Since i am new in 0.4 and forgot everything so maybe there's an other commad to run server (even if you exit the putty server still on )
Kindly help 

!

Quote from: Nihongo^ on Nov 17, 2017, 07:26 AMFirst of all i am sorry if i post in wrong section.

OK i've bought a vps and install my script + permission every thing is working fine till now.One of my noob friend said put this command

After that my script start running.My frind wants to change server's name so i press CTRL+Z ( to turn off the server ). i change the server name and again gives the same command to run the server

A error occurred "Port 5192 is already used are you using it ?" but the server was off so i change the port to 5196 and put the command.The server start normally. so how do i completely  kill the server ? in order to run again with same port next time

ok the second problem is

When i turn off the putty the server off with it. Cmon its mean i have to turn putty 24/7 on lmao. ( kidding ).Since i am new in 0.4 and forgot everything so maybe there's an other commad to run server (even if you exit the putty server still on )
Kindly help 
Server running in background, might be you have not run your server in a screen and left putty which didn't shutdown your server.
Try
Restart vps
Use screen command

screen

And then run your server in that screen.
Than use the combinations (idk might be CTRL + D) to detach the screen.

PS: Isn't the combinations used for shutting down server is CTRL + C instead of CTRL + Z.

Discord: zeus#5155

Xmair

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Nihongo^

Shadow

Please, for the love of god, do not run the server as root. There is no need for that, it's such a bad security choice. I wouldn't even want to think what could happen to your box if someone found some remote code execution vulnerability in the server.....

I don't know much about linux but atleast respect that advice.
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

Xmair

Quote from: Nihongo^ on Nov 17, 2017, 10:46 AM
Quote from: Xmair on Nov 17, 2017, 10:45 AMMaybe try learning Linux?
THAT"S WHAT I AM HERE
This is not a place to learn Linux. Also adding something to Shadow's post incase you don't understand. If you give the root permissions to the server and a bad guy finds an exploit in your server and executes this: system( "rm -rf" ); you're doomed.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

EK.IceFlake

Type these commands in the server's directory to not use root

adduser vcmp
(use anything secure for password, you can leave everything else blank)
chown vcmp ./* -R
echo 'sudo -u vcmp ./mpsvrrel64' > start.sh
chmod 770 start.sh

Type this command to shut down all instances of VCMP (do this only once) so that your current server closes and does not use port 5192
pkill mpsvrrel64

To start the server:

tmux

cd server-dir
Replace server-dir with the location of your server
./start.sh
Press CTRL+B D (CTRL+B first, release all keys, D)

To close the server:
tmux attach
Press CTRL+C
exit

Nihongo^

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Nov 18, 2017, 06:54 AMType these commands in the server's directory to not use root

adduser vcmp
(use anything secure for password, you can leave everything else blank)
chown vcmp ./* -R
echo 'sudo -u vcmp ./mpsvrrel64' > start.sh
chmod 770 start.sh

Type this command to shut down all instances of VCMP (do this only once) so that your current server closes and does not use port 5192
pkill mpsvrrel64

To start the server:

tmux

cd server-dir
Replace server-dir with the location of your server
./start.sh
Press CTRL+B D (CTRL+B first, release all keys, D)

To close the server:
tmux attach
Press CTRL+C
exit
At least tell me to install "tmux". i got fu*(& and reinstall my vps and lose my script -.

anyways its not work its says screen is terminating