gta-vc.exe crashes when I attempt to join a server(specs and mods used included)

Started by Dob_Doblinson, Nov 18, 2017, 05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dob_Doblinson

When I connect to a server, the vcmp splash screen briefly pops up before closing out, and windows says the executable has stopped working.

I've changed the updater url and have the current build installed in my vcmp directory. As well, I've tried setting vcmp as an administrator(which fixed the 740 error) and putting it in windows98/me compatibility mode. gta_vc.set is in the Public folder called GTA Vice City User Files. Those are all of the fixes for vcmp itself that I have tried. Messing with compatibility/admin settings for the base game other than what I have set to run it(admin mode on) has done nothing except put the windows error message popup directly over the vcmp splash screen. Deleting my "scripts" folder has also done nothing.

I think it might be due to the mods that I have installed, which are:
Cleo 
airtrain.asi
GTAVC.WidescreenFix.asi
III.VC.SA.LimitAdjuster.asi  -------------  this is to keep the game at a constant 60 fps
loadsc.asi                        \
sharptrails.asi                   |
SilentPatchVC.asi              |-----   these came from a modpack on the steam forums called VC Reborn
skygfx.asi                          |                                                                                       
VCLodLights.asi               /                                                                                         
               (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=706270825)

My specs are:
Intel Core i5-6500 3.2 GHz
8gb ram
Radeon r9 390(AMD)
Windows 10 home

If you've gotten this far I appreciate the time investment.

Radon

Remove the cleo mods or move them somewhere else from your game root folder. If not, might be your gta-vc.exe the reason.

Dob_Doblinson

what could be wrong with the executable? I'll just reinstall the game and see if it works

Dob_Doblinson

Xmair

Why are you using wide screen fix lol? That's not allowed on most servers

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Dob_Doblinson

I just decided to play the multiplayer on a whim, though it didn't matter since I just used a fresh install