Is it worth it on 2k18?

Started by Escobabe, Jan 10, 2018, 11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Escobabe

Hello everyone,

I was on samp for years and just recently decides to check out vcmp. To be honest vcmp has some great features samp doesn't have and lacks some features too, like dialogs etc... But either way i started scripting a new vcmp gamemode some days ago, maybe like 10% done till now. Anyways, i want to know is it worth it continuing my gamemode or not?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Currently working on a new VC-MP project

Klaus

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Escobabe on Jan 10, 2018, 11:33 PMlacks some features too, like dialogs etc...

You can implement your own dialog using a GUIWindow, some GUILabels and a GUIButton.

Escobabe

Thank you all for your feedback, i really appreciate it.

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Jan 11, 2018, 03:19 AM
Quote from: Escobabe on Jan 10, 2018, 11:33 PMlacks some features too, like dialogs etc...

You can implement your own dialog using a GUIWindow, some GUILabels and a GUIButton.

I didn't know about this, will give it a try, thanks.

DizzasTeR

No it is not worth it. Don't make a server in which you invest alot of time and hard work, yes sure make it just because you want to code in your free time and for your own entertainment but don't code it thinking you will have players, because you won't. VCMP is just ruled by a bunch of DM servers which have their "legacy" and "stats" for which everyone runs at.

VCMP players do not tend to play on servers with modern and special features.

Like I said, its not to there to dishearten you or something, just saying something you should be aware of and not get surprised later on, good luck!

NicusorN5

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jan 11, 2018, 12:53 PMVCMP is just ruled by a bunch of DM servers which have their "legacy" and "stats" for which everyone runs at.

VCMP players do not tend to play on servers with modern and special features.

That's one of the reason why I stopped scripting VCMP servers. I really hope these DM servers will die.

Sebastian

You never know, but I say it worths a try.

Escobabe

Thanks for the feedback again, appreciated.

Well i don't know what to say, no one would want to open up a server knowing that he won't have much of a playerbase, or no playerbase at all, let alone keeping it up. My idea was to develop a gamemode similiar to a samp server i've been playing on for years, and run the server under their name. With VC-MP lacking of playerbase in general, im a bit worried on finding the perfect staff, as no one would want to start fresh nowadays on
 new servers. I will keep in mind when launching that i'll have a heart attack when i see the server playerbase on 0/50, haha.

Thanks to all who wished me luck with my project, i wish you all the same with your servers. I guess i'll just take the development easy and not invest to much time on it.

Darran

Quote from: Escobabe on Jan 11, 2018, 09:02 PMThanks for the feedback again, appreciated.

Well i don't know what to say, no one would want to open up a server knowing that he won't have much of a playerbase, or no playerbase at all, let alone keeping it up. My idea was to develop a gamemode similiar to a samp server i've been playing on for years, and run the server under their name. With VC-MP lacking of playerbase in general, im a bit worried on finding the perfect staff, as no one would want to start fresh nowadays on
 new servers. I will keep in mind when launching that i'll have a heart attack when i see the server playerbase on 0/50, haha.

Thanks to all who wished me luck with my project, i wish you all the same with your servers. I guess i'll just take the development easy and not invest to much time on it.
Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence Good Luck