Returning the lesser distance from four different vectors

Started by Mötley, Jan 29, 2018, 01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mötley

Sorry, It's been a really long work week, and my mind is not really that great from lack of sleep, and over working. This is a rather simple solution. I just cant seem to think clearly :/ regards.

Well the topic say's it all. 
I was looking at the Squirrel Docs at what made sense, http://www.squirrel-lang.org/squirreldoc/reference/language/builtin_functions.html?highlight=compare .

Please remember I'm only testing at the moment, I haven't taken the time to write to code more efficiently, this is just fundamental testing stuff. Any help on how I should go about this would be great! ;)
Hospital_Spawn <- array( GetMaxPlayers(), false ); // Has the player died
HospitalSpawnLocations <- [ Vector( -886.074,-470.278,13.1109 ), Vector( -783.051,1141.83,12.4111), Vector( 467.763,697.68,11.7033 ), Vector( -135.137,-981.579,10.4634 ) ]; // Hospital locations

Death_Loacation <- array( GetMaxPlayers() ); // Storage of the players last position upon death 'player.Pos'

// Kuddos Rwwpl
function GetDistance(v1,v2) return sqrt((v2.x-v1.x)*(v2.x-v1.x) + (v2.y-v1.y)*(v2.y-v1.y) + (v2.z-v1.z)*(v2.z-v1.z));
There's so much to compare, I don't want to go about this wrongly and end up with a huge script, when that's not even necessary.
I can get around to this eventually if no one is able to help me any time soon.

DizzasTeR

Vector1.Distance (Vector2)

Use that one, its faster and better. It was also posted several times on the forum

Mötley

I did a search for that version. I did not see it, Can I get a link please :)?

Welp, I figured I would make this easier on myself, I made this Island return. It took a lot of testing. It's not 100% perfected but it should do the trick once perfected.

function GetIsland(pos) {

// First Island
  if (pos.x > -170) return 1;
  // Third Island
  if (pos.x < -724) return 3;

// Center islands bull shittery
  return 2;
}

function NearestHospital(pos) {
if (pos.y >= 30) return 1; // northern hospitals
if (pos.y <= 30) return 2; // southern hospitals

}

I'm just going to fix this myself and randomly put solved as I don't see anyone really helping on this tbh...

DizzasTeR

What's so hard when I already told you the method
g_Hospitals <- [
    Vector(x,y,z),
];

function GetNearestHospital(player) {
    local pPos = player.Pos;
    local lastSmallDistance = pPos.Pos.Distance(g_Hospitals[0]), Hindex;
    foreach(index, vHospital in g_Hospitals) {
        if(pPos.Distance(vHospital) < lastSmallDistance) {
            Hindex = index;
        }
    }
    return Hindex;
}

Might have mistakes but I don't know how you didn't manage to understand it

Mötley

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Feb 01, 2018, 10:26 AMWhat's so hard when I already told you the method

xD all I said was

Quote from: TurboGrafx on Jan 29, 2018, 02:10 AMI did a search for that version. I did not see it, Can I get a link please :)?

So I was still at ???.

But thanks I guess :)