[0.4] Personal project - Zombie server

Started by Shadow, Apr 26, 2015, 11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hunger, thirst and fatigue are relatively easy to implement, even without clientside support.

Zombies spawn in groups and the zombie count is proportional to the playercount, so that you don't get +100 zombies being alone in the server :)

However, if you happen to run past a zombie, he might/might not notice you, depending on their state and random calculations (there must be some luck-based elements, right? :D)

The server already has a map of it's own (currently restricted to the region of downtown) with plenty of objects, houses, and there are plenty of tools/guns to be found in those places, these respawn at different times proportionally to their rarity.

Drops are of several kinds:

• Consumer grade drops
    • Melees
    • Handguns - Colt45, Silenced Ingram RARE

• Civilian Defense Unit drops
    • Melees - such as Machete, Katana or Chainsaw
    • Teargas - really effective way of killing a horde
    • Handguns - along the most effective, the Tec9 and the Uzi
    • Shotguns - the Chrome Shotgun

• Police drops
    • Throwables - Grenades, Molotovs
    • Rifles - Ruger RARE, MP5
    • Shotguns - Stubby Shotgun, Chrome Shotgun
    • Revolvers - Python

• Military-grade drops
    • Shotguns - Spaz Shotgun
    • Rifles - M4 RARE, MP5
    • Snipers - Laser Scope Sniper Rifle
    • Specials - EXTREMELY RARE: Rocket Launcher, Flamethrower
    • Throwables - Remote Grenades
    • Melees - Machete
    • Handguns - Ingram, Tec9
    • Revolvers - Python

• Supply drops
    • Painkillers
    • Kevlar vest
    • Petrol cans
    • Car fix kit
    • Tyre fix kit

Same goes for cars. Cars spawn with a random damage (including visual damage, tyre damage and others...) which can be fixed by players and a random amount of fuel which can be replenished by players. The rarest vehicle that can spawn is a Rhino which only spawns in the military base (right in front of Hyman Memorial Stadium) and it has a chance of spawning of 4%.

The gameplay is as user-friendly as it gets, most interactions requiring no commands, those being based on keybinds which are carefully mapped to not trouble any user.

In regard to:

Quote- radio items to allow players to communicate ingame with other players who have radios.
It is possible, I'll think of it. Maybe make it a supply drop aswell?

Quote- force disable nametags and blips (obviously dependant on if the server is very active with players)
I agree with this suggestion. It'd take no time to implement aswell.

Quote- maybe slow down the player movement speed a tiny bit? or atleast add stamina of some sort dependant on hunger/thirst where player will get tired.
If I find a way to get this to work, I'll add it to the server.

That's about it, I guess.

QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

Murdock

Quote from: Hanney on Jun 10, 2015, 09:52 PM- hopefully a GUI inventory menu in future when vcmp gets that kind of support for management of items and weapons
- distance based VoiP support, more of a vc-mp function itself but dunno if it can be implemented.

Due to the latest update all mods like this have been blocked, the VCA module I wrote had both voice-chat and GUI options so this should be possible

Shadow

In addition to what Murdock said, I implemented mylly GUI in GTA-VC in almost no time, but I run into some rendering errors that seem to be related to rendering states.

FarisDon

Cool Shadow downloading a module to make a zombie city,::D its cool and amazing!.

[VSS]Shawn

all of introduction where is ip??? <.>

Murdock

Quote from: [VSS]Shawn on Jul 13, 2015, 08:36 AMall of introduction where is ip??? <.>

Read my previous reply

KAKAN

BUMP!

Waiting for this server eagerly when it will get released?
oh no

Murdock

Quote from: KAKAN on Jul 14, 2015, 12:11 PMBUMP!

Wait for this server eagerly when it will get released?

As soon as there is a solution for whitelisting .asi files

Shadow

The reason for the delay is that I cannot push out something that requires dll injection into the game because all of you guys would start screaming: "TROJAN!" "VIRUS!" "WORM!" and whatnot because your anti-viruses will detect my stuff as an injector and flag it as a virus. So that's a nope-nope.

Waiting for VCMP Devs.

EK.IceFlake

VCMP also injects into vice city...

Aldo

Quote from: Shadow on Jul 17, 2015, 10:35 PMThe reason for the delay is that I cannot push out something that requires dll injection into the game because all of you guys would start screaming: "TROJAN!" "VIRUS!" "WORM!" and whatnot because your anti-viruses will detect my stuff as an injector and flag it as a virus. So that's a nope-nope.

Waiting for VCMP Devs.

What are you trying to "inject" in the first place?
https://www.aldo-aldo.com

Contact me at [email protected] and I probably won't get back to you. :)

Shadow

The clientside module is basically a .dll which is renamed (it's extension) into .asi (so the game loads it as a dll). It'd require an executable to wait for the game to start and as soon as it starts to inject the dll.

Revolver

Damn, it looks fucking amazing. Can't wait to play it. Devs whitelist this plz.

kokia

you said it will be never be released as an open code which i think means that u will not post it here ever then are you just making us jealous?

Stormeus

Quote from: kokia on Jul 19, 2015, 06:14 PMyou said it will be never be released as an open code which i think means that u will not post it here ever then are you just making us jealous?

If closed source is about jealousy then VC:MP must've been a way to make SA:MP jealous too.