Vice City: Multiplayer
News & Announcements => Client Updates => Topic started by: Stormeus on April 14th, 2019, 08:06 AM
A client update has been released for 04rel006. Thanks to everyone who tested the publicbeta changes. This round of updates focuses on performance improvements that should make everyone's experience smoother, especially those on low-spec machines.
- Implemented client-side changes for a future update giving server owners an option to disable crouching.
- Nametags and console messages have been optimized to reduce CPU and GPU usage. Specifically:
- Instead of fully redrawing text on every single frame, the textures representing text are now cached in memory.
- The console is no longer closes and reopens the log file on every single message received.
- Miscellaneous optimizations to reduce CPU and memory pressure.
- Fixed inconsistent GUILabel initialization when using the constructor with no arguments.
- Fixed GUI::GameResize and GUI::KeyPressed not being called while in build mode.
@Stormeus after this update https://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=6031.0 IRC bots not joining channel even if they join they laggs like hell.
Take this bot as example ->http://files.thijn.ovh/download/1d0258f8235437b01af1f188f78882e7/echo.multi.userlevels.nut
Use Discord, IRC is old af. @Simba
Discord creating lot of lagg and i dont like executing commands by discord i am still old irc user
Game gets crashed on minimizing, and this happens with everyone.
Player slide thingy is back now just like we used to have in 0.3, when you knock down the player.
Are you serious right now? IRC has (probably) been around for longer than you are old and for good reason - it's simple, fast and not owned by a single corporation that may or may not be collecting your data for any and all purposes. Discord has its uses but to say that someone should give up IRC because it's old is just ignorant.
I managed to find a few video footage that may help to clarify the statement made above.
On edit :
- Added another video link.
seems like the 'punch bug' no longer exists because of this bug