[BUG] Bullet collisions were broken

Started by maxorator, Apr 18, 2016, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxorator

Between 17.04.2016 01:45 and 17.04.2016 13:00 GMT, the latest client version available had a bug which caused bullet collisions to ignore some smaller objects, such as players, in some locations, making bullets go through players without causing any damage or bleeding. I am posting this as proof in case there are some cheat reports about this from that time period.

Yesterday krystianoo helped me debug this issue around the Haiti drug factory, where he found a specific place where it reproduced. I've seen the video of the report about him and that was definitely caused by this bug.

Edit: Some details about this bug. It occurred when the shot was made over a border of a game sector (50x50 pieces of the game world) and when the bullet path intersected with a large object, such as a building, which was present in both sectors. In this case, the objects in the sector where the target was were not checked for collisions because an object in the current sector was already detected to be hit, even though the position where the collision was detected was outside of the current sector. As such, it didn't depend on just the location of the shooter or the thing being shot, but the path of the bullet.