[SNIPPET] Simple Irc Bot

Started by ., Sep 04, 2016, 04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This snippet shows how to create a simple IRC bot using the basic IRC module that accompanies the main plugin. It shows how registered types can be inherited to alter behavior and how to use the built in command system with other things and not just the game commands.

The snippet can be found here in order to preserve indentation: https://bitbucket.org/snippets/iSLC/n4yEj

It only comes with a few simple commands such as:
  • .eval code
  • .say text
  • .me text

But it's enough to get someone started on making their own IRC bot. Feel free to report issues on this topic.

Anik

IT would be great if you make the IRC module to work without your main squirrel plugin.

KAKAN

Quote from: Anik on Sep 05, 2016, 05:32 AMIT would be great if you make the IRC module to work without your main squirrel plugin.
What would you do with the IRC plugin then? It would not work if you don't connect it to the IRC server using your script.
oh no

Quote from: Anik on Sep 05, 2016, 05:32 AMIT would be great if you make the IRC module to work without your main squirrel plugin.

If I go back to that crap (a bit harsh, but justified), then what was the point of making this whole plugin in the first place? I did it because I felt limited. And those limits are what forced me to take this route. Are you telling me that those limits are not there anymore? Somehow, they vanished?