Make VCMP Great Again

Started by XForce111, Mar 26, 2018, 09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

umar4911

Quote from: vitogta on May 31, 2018, 08:56 AMUnfortunately, I can't agree with you. If we had so good ecosystem as you mentioned we would not had so low player count.
so first step should be improvement. Vitogta, you are a great scripter. You can make a server which would be awesome.

Another reason can be so many servers. There are so many servers and less players so they are getting more divided now.
I am gamer, programmer and hacker. Try to find me!
xD

umar4911

Quote from: vitogta on May 31, 2018, 02:49 PMWell I don't know I am good or bad scripter but I have more important things to code (job), same story with others scripters in vc-mp.
Quote from: umar4911 on May 31, 2018, 01:19 PMAnother reason can be so many servers. There are so many servers and less players so they are getting more divided now.
If vc-mp will start to force players to play at few their servers I will make my own masterlist and leave official vc-mp at all. Limiting freedom of players to select a server to play is worse than closing vc-mp. Good you mentioned it, because management in vc-mp is a real problem.
Then the solution is teamwork. VCMP needs promotion. Many VCMP players samp, cod, cs, etc. If we motivate them, they can posted it on their game forum to receive attraction.
xD

Sebastian

People need to show-off badass features that vc:mp 0.4 can do, to impress players.
Let's not forget that players don't care about how the code works, as far as they get a lot of fun and lose no data.

NicusorN5

Quote from: umar4911 on May 31, 2018, 08:44 AMThere are many servers like VKs, VL, EC, LW, A/D, etc. They provide a interesting gameplay.

Wow DM servers have interesting gameplay. F*ck off pakistan kid.

umar4911

Quote from: Athanatos(^_^) on Jun 01, 2018, 02:35 PM
Quote from: umar4911 on May 31, 2018, 08:44 AMThere are many servers like VKs, VL, EC, LW, A/D, etc. They provide a interesting gameplay.

hehe, not all pakistani kids are 12 years old and like Marine.
VKs is a free roam server. VL and EC have a client side coded well.
LW and A/D are the DM servers(dont know mire about them) but the type of gameplay they provide is a lot different.
xD

NicusorN5

Quote from: umar4911 on Jun 01, 2018, 09:20 PM

LW and A/D are the DM servers(dont know mire about them) but the type of gameplay they provide is a lot different.

I'm not really sure if VK is really a free roam server.

Client side scripting is easy when you get used to it. I don't know why people fear it.

As for LW. the only gameplay type is DM. I don't mind A/D to be honest.

NicusorN5

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 02, 2018, 11:29 AMAny tacital modes like a/d or ctf (with hidden players on radar) are too vulnerable because of cheating (wall hack, esp) and admin abusing (spectate command)
As well as racing gamemodes.
Only TDM/DM, RolePlay and DM-RP server could provide most fair gameplay in vc-mp in current conditions as I think. And if you will see into MTA or SA-MP most of players there are playing RP. Well-balanced and intersting DM-RP server could be very popular here. But it's also most hard to code.
Hard to code? Really? No shit. Squirrel is easy to learn. And everything in vcmp is well documented. It will only take some time.

XForce111

Hello everyone, we are back. Now our policy has progressed?

umar4911

Quote from: XForce111 on Jun 09, 2018, 05:26 AMHello everyone, we are back. Now our policy has progressed?
which policy?
xD

XForce111

Quote from: umar4911 on Jun 09, 2018, 06:25 AM
Quote from: XForce111 on Jun 09, 2018, 05:26 AMHello everyone, we are back. Now our policy has progressed?
which policy?
"Make VCMP Great Again" by me, You know that?

NicusorN5

Not really.

XForce111

Suggestion: Add config "game_useanisotropictexturefiltering"

Description
Defines the behavior that VC:MP uses to Anisotropic texture filtering the game.

Allowed values
0: OFF
1: Bilinear
2: Trilinear
3: 2x Anisotropic
4: 4x Anisotropic
5: 8x Anisotropic
6: 16x Anisotropic
7: 24x Anisotropic
8: 32x Anisotropic
9: 36x Anisotropic
10: Extreme Anisotropic texture filtering
By default the game_useanisotropictexturefiltering was set to 0 (Off).

VK.Angel.OfDeath

Quote from: Athanatos(^_^) on Jun 02, 2018, 10:56 AM

Client side scripting is easy when you get used to it. I don't know why people fear it.

Well it is a free roam server in the sense that there are multiple things to do in the server, like for example: Jobs (most of them are really grindy, but some are fun), designing and building your own world (almost like making your own server within the server), Minigames (shooting range, races, cat & mouse, battle of the dummies and many more), unlockable stuff through challenges, NPCs to fight (the current models are kinda shitty, but gonna add some more cooler looking ones next patch) and probably more stuff that I can't recall at the moment. I am also currently working on a cop job with a story and choices that affects the story, which has been very fun but extremely time consuming to script.

It is however true that a lot of players are mostly interesting in DMing. That's fine to me, I try to maintain the core gameplay whenever I release a patch and don't really like to force content upon players. The worst thing a game can do in my opinion is to change its core gameplay, which is why I never try to interfere with the basic DM gameplay, unless I really have to. Another big reason it's not called just a DM server is because you have the option to hide on the map, prevent people from teleporting to you and enter other worlds with different set of rules (designed by the players of our community).

Also I want to point out it's hard to make a game mode where you can't DM or can't do what you want. I have noticed in the past that servers that tried to be more complex than simply allowing the players to spawn and run around, haven't received that many players. One big reason for that is because most casuals and newbies, don't read your texts or understand how to do anything else (other than the basic spawn and run around), so they just quit. Without newbies to fill at least some portion of player count, it's hard to get the other regulars/hardcore players to play.

There are probably some exceptions of servers with more complex core gameplay that works. I don't play VC-MP that much myself, I just script for VKs, so I wouldn't know.

Not really sure if this reply was necessary, but just logged in a few days ago (since like last summer) due to Stormeus returning, so I thought why the hell not.

umar4911

Quote from: VK.Angel.OfDeath on Jun 10, 2018, 07:45 AM

Well it is a free roam server in the sense that there are multiple things to do in the server, like for example: Jobs (most of them are really grindy, but some are fun), designing and building your own world (almost like making your own server within the server), Minigames (shooting range, races, cat & mouse, battle of the dummies and many more), unlockable stuff through challenges, NPCs to fight (the current models are kinda shitty, but gonna add some more cooler looking ones next patch) and probably more stuff that I can't recall at the moment. I am also currently working on a cop job with a story and choices that affects the story, which has been very fun but extremely time consuming to script.

It is however true that a lot of players are mostly interesting in DMing. That's fine to me, I try to maintain the core gameplay whenever I release a patch and don't really like to force content upon players. The worst thing a game can do in my opinion is to change its core gameplay, which is why I never try to interfere with the basic DM gameplay, unless I really have to. Another big reason it's not called just a DM server is because you have the option to hide on the map, prevent people from teleporting to you and enter other worlds with different set of rules (designed by the players of our community).

Also I want to point out it's hard to make a game mode where you can't DM or can't do what you want. I have noticed in the past that servers that tried to be more complex than simply allowing the players to spawn and run around, haven't received that many players. One big reason for that is because most casuals and newbies, don't read your texts or understand how to do anything else (other than the basic spawn and run around), so they just quit. Without newbies to fill at least some portion of player count, it's hard to get the other regulars/hardcore players to play.

There are probably some exceptions of servers with more complex core gameplay that works. I don't play VC-MP that much myself, I just script for VKs, so I wouldn't know.

Not really sure if this reply was necessary, but just logged in a few days ago (since like last summer) due to Stormeus returning, so I thought why the hell not.
Angel advertising VKs. LOL
xD

NicusorN5

Quote from: umar4911 on Jun 12, 2018, 01:58 PM
Quote from: VK.Angel.OfDeath on Jun 10, 2018, 07:45 AM

Angel advertising VKs. LOL
It was already the most player server over there, so advertising it would be a loss of time.