Other GUILabel problem.

Started by NicusorN5, Jun 29, 2018, 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicusorN5

Description
The second GUILabel I created does not show up.

::hplabel <- GUILabel(VectorScreen(sX * 0.7,10),Colour(255,255,255),"not working :c");
::hplabel.FontSize = 15;
::hplabel2 <- GUILabel(VectorScreen(sX * 0.7,10),Colour(255,255,255),"Health");
::hplabel2.FontSize = 15;
Proof:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Reproducible
Sometimes.Depends on the text of the label?

What you were doing when the bug happened

Scripting.

What you think caused the bug
I dunno.

kennedyarz

it seems strange to you, but it has to do with the size of the label

change 15 for 12

::hplabel2.FontSize = 12;
and see how it works. I think that was the problem. I can not verify since I'm away from home with my phone

NicusorN5

Quote from: kennedyarz on Jun 29, 2018, 03:26 PMit seems strange to you, but it has to do with the size of the label

change 15 for 12

::hplabel2.FontSize = 12;
and see how it works. I think that was the problem. I can not verify since I'm away from home with my phone
Thank you! Solved.

Stormeus

Un-marking this as solved since GUILabels shouldn't disappear when they're set to a larger font size.

kennedyarz

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 29, 2018, 04:02 PMUn-marking this as solved since GUILabels shouldn't disappear when they're set to a larger font size.

that's very old just always forget to post
but I remember that I gave that data to a beta tester. the problem is that I do not remember which of them

NewK

Reviving this topic to inform anyone having this issue, use the empty GUILabel() constructor instead of using the  GUILabel(position,colour,text) constructor and you won't have this issue. However that constructor does have other issues though, such as the flags GUI_FLAG_WRAP and GUI_FLAG CLIP not working.