[Suggestion] "Unsafe" option

Started by Xmair, Nov 20, 2020, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xmair

I was recently discussing this idea with sseebbyy and he suggested me to post it here.

What is it?
A toggleable option in the server.cfg file which when enabled, overrides the max vehicles, objects, pickups and checkpoints limit.

Why?
Yes, a normal server would almost never exceed the current default limits but as soon as you start adding huge maps, you start to exceed some of the limits. An example could be a map editor server when you have to work on a huge city, or on a huge map. Now I know that the current limits are set for a specific reason and the server's sync might start to break apart if the limits are exceeded, which is exactly why I call this the unsafe option.

Regarding the streamer workaround (deleting objects which are not in use and then recreating them when a player is near), this option is not efficient all the time. Especially when you have 10+ players moving in your server at a time, it's quite heavy.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

NicusorN5

Plot twist: Requires both client and server-side major rewrites (or some Ctrl+H) operations, if the code is written good enough. From what I've heard, assuming it is not, and knowing that the devs are MIA, well... Nope.

Altay

Yes we need that option fast. Especially people involved in map conversion business.
Mustafa Kemal ATATURK, the man who changed the course of history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Kemal_Atat%C3%BCrk