Rockstar Games and Take Two taking down "GTA" mods

Started by loquendero6231, Sep 23, 2021, 04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loquendero6231

It's nothing new that Rockstar Games has begun to remove mods from the Internet, one of the biggest examples would be Grand Theft Auto UNDERGROUND, which was constantly being updated.

Along with other mods, do you think that modifications such as SA-MP and VC-MP are at risk from this policy change?

Stormeus

Trying to predict what R*/Take-Two will do is pointless. If the trilogy remaster rumor is real and they want to add multiplayer to it then yeah they might sic their lawyers on us too.

I also think we're in a better position than the mods that R* has already shut down. We didn't sign a EULA to play Vice City on PC, and unlike re3/reVC we're not trying to "recreate the game," so we can't be used to undermine sales or facilitate piracy either. Personally I'm not going to worry about it until T2 sends a takedown, and even then I might weigh my legal options before rolling over.

DizzasTeR

What SA-MP? Can't take down what ain't left alive...

NicusorN5

Quote from: DizzasTeR on Sep 24, 2021, 09:33 AMWhat SA-MP? Can't take down what ain't left alive...
SA:MP is much more alive than VC:MP tho

Them russians and romanians still playing that game 24/7 lmao

But yeah the SA:MP forum is dead for ages (and some SA:MP community members accuse the developer for attempting to kill SA:MP)

Quote from: Stormeus on Sep 24, 2021, 05:46 AMIf the trilogy remaster rumor is real and they want to add multiplayer to it then yeah they might sic their lawyers on us too.

Plot twist: it is (see 4:26)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDFi_IOJJY8