[FORUM SUGGESTION] Fixing the indentation on code bbtag

Started by EK.IceFlake, Mar 30, 2015, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

Hi guyz!
I have an idea to fix the indentation on the code bbtag. If you can access the source code of the forum, make it so that any code inside the code bbcode tags is contained within <pre> and </pre>. For example. in mixed html and bbcode, it will be (without the dollar symbol) [code]<pre>(the code...)</pre>[$/code]This will preserve the tab indentation.

I've tried the latest release of this forum script locally (the one from repository) and I haven't encountered this indentation issue. I remember opening a topic about this a while back.

Stormeus

Quote from: stormeus on Apr 02, 2015, 06:16 AMDoes it work now?

I've tested this and it works. However the old scripts won't show it because the indentation was stripped completely.

Stormeus

Quote from: S.L.C on Apr 02, 2015, 06:20 AM
Quote from: stormeus on Apr 02, 2015, 06:16 AMDoes it work now?

I've tested this and it works. However the old scripts won't show it because the indentation was stripped completely.

Nothing that can be done about that unfortunately.

Quote from: stormeus on Apr 02, 2015, 06:22 AMNothing that can be done about that unfortunately.

Obviously :D Only if the OP still has the code and would like to edit their topics. I know I did that for my posts :D (at least some of them)

EK.IceFlake

(Test)
tabbed
x tabbed
yes tabbed
Doesnt work as it is supposed to... It should show the tab instead of space.

Apparently the indentation will be stripped if you make a post using the quick reply functionality. Therefore pressing preview 2 times before pressing the post button fixes the issue :D

function Shield(id)
{
if (GetNoob(id) == true) {
print("TryHarder");
} else {
print("YouTheMan");
}
}

EDIT: Nope, still no indentation after posting. But at least the indentation is not completely stripped. If you press modify it's still there. Which means that it can still be solved :D Try Quoting that post and copy the code from the post editing area. (as a temporary workaround)