Could not start process

Started by krystianoo, Dec 12, 2015, 07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krystianoo

Did a clean install of VC, VCMP, no mods, tried launching as admin, singleplayer works, new game works, it used to work before, removed everything from VC User Files, there is no code after 'process' (like Could not start process (191) - nothing like this)

It used to work before; I just recently exchanged my RAM but I don't see how could it be an issue, lol.

Win 7
GTX 560
i5 4460
8 RAM

Worked before.

help fast guise clan war in process!!!

MatheuS

Quote from: S.L.C on May 11, 2015, 10:08 AMI remember having this issue back in the days. What I used to do was, open my file explorer and type %APPDATA% in the address bar and then hit the enter key. Then scroll down to the VCMP folder and open it. After that I simply removed the 04beta folder that was inside it.

NOTE: If you're running the browser as admin then you'll find the 04beta folder inside [OS-DRIVE]:\ProgramData\VCMP instead. That's because you're no longer under your regular user. Remove them both, just in case.
if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

krystianoo

Tried it already, no luck.

Right click on the Browser and the game executable (gta-vc.exe) and go to Compatibility tab and enable the option to "Run this program in compatibility for:". And fiddle with the various settings/operating systems in that list box. At some point I remember I had to set the Browser (or the game, forgot which) in compatibility with Windows 98/Me in order to get it to work. Dunno why that happened but that was the only way I could get it to work. Try different compatibility modes and observe the results.

But I forgot to ask. What's you operating system and architecture?

krystianoo

Win 7 SP1.

Anyway.. after reinstalling, restarting the PC yesterday etc. etc,  it still didn't work; today when I booted the PC up it awkwardily started to work again..
Thanks for the help folks!