Started by Kewun, Jul 30, 2016, 08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kewun

none of these, no asi files, no other dlls

only:
gta-vc.exe
mss32.dll
readme.txt

About setting res to 640x480, its impossible i cant even load the game up, but i tried with compatiblity modes, tested all windowses in it, nothing!

i guess i will have to give up vcmp

well, ill try georges browser now. edit: the link of it is dead.

Thijn

So single player isn't working now as well?

Kewun

Shadow

Please check your entire root directory for any files ending with .flt or .asi extension as these are the ones to be loaded by the game and remove them (aside of the gta-vc files). Also try to close unnecessary processes from task manager (using CTRL + ALT + DEL, then select task manager) and see if it changes anything.
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

Kewun

no bro, i dont have any .asi or .flt file

unecessary processes? my pc is freshly installed with google chrome and gta vc, and gta 3 + lu, nothing more
i dont see any suspicous file

KAKAN

Try messing up with the Windows Firewall. Try turning off Windows Defender too.
oh no

Stormeus

Quote from: KAKAN on Aug 05, 2016, 05:33 PMTry messing up with the Windows Firewall. Try turning off Windows Defender too.

This isn't applicable advice.

:edit: In the compatibility options, make sure to set "Reduced color mode" to 16-bit as well as 640x480 resolution.

KAKAN

Quote from: Stormeus on Aug 05, 2016, 05:38 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Aug 05, 2016, 05:33 PMTry messing up with the Windows Firewall. Try turning off Windows Defender too.

I'm not advising him. I'm telling him to try it. If it works after doing those things, then it must be the problem with his firewall or AV.
oh no

Stormeus

Quote from: KAKAN on Aug 05, 2016, 05:40 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Aug 05, 2016, 05:38 PM

I'm not advising him. I'm telling him to try it. If it works after doing those things, then it must be the problem with his firewall or AV.

No, it's not, we've already established that this is an issue with DirectX initialization and occurs in both single and multiplayer.

Kewun

now, after selecting the 16 bit cols and 640x480 vid mode, error: could not find 640x480 video mode
without ticking 640x480, same error

Kewun

ddraw.dll lets me to play singleplayer only.. but in vcmp not ;(

Kewun

FINALLY I FIXED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if some one has this error, download this ddraw.dll and put it in your game dir
http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/download.php?f=38253

idk why from dll files the ddraw didnt work

finally.. after weeks... finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EightyVice

i think this problem should be sticky

Kewun

idk if devs want stick this topic, i didnt see other ppl experiencing this error, but if you like, stick it.