please help

Started by MuKuNd^, Feb 26, 2016, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

Quote from: MuKuNd^ on Mar 01, 2016, 04:33 PMStromeus can u modify that I can change the direction after clicking the fire button pls it helps a lot.....

Not really. I didn't write code into the client that says "MakeItSoMukundCantChangeDirectionWhenShootingHisGun()."

Hanney

Quote from: NewK on Feb 28, 2016, 05:18 PMThis is the main reason why most players still have problems adapting from 0.3z's fighting sync to 0.4's. In 0.3 the shots are sent to the server a little bit before the bullets come out, while in 0.4 they're sent when you click the fire button, so do not trust the bullets you see on your screen, if you really want to successfully hit someone. Here's another video someone made about it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB24t-VE9s0

That video probably explains why I think the shotgun sync is so inconsistent. There's been many times where I've been in close up combat and had to do counter-clockwise/clockwise spins with the shotgun in order to hit the opponent running around me and the shot has been aimed/landed perfectly on my opponent on my screen (with taking into mind, the shotgun anim delay, true player pos) yet sometimes it hits and other times it doesn't hit.

I may try and find some server where I have a high ping and record the same effects to see if it changes any due to latency.

The same thing also happened sometimes when I've shot behind a player that was running away from my reticle and ended up knocking them down. I've been playing 0.3z way too long that the way I play is "natural" like breathing so its very difficult for me to adapt to this, unfortunately.  I guess it doesn't help either that I'm using the technique of holding the fire button down when playing.

Update: I done a little test in game myself. It seems that the outcomes between simply pressing the firebutton and holding down the fire button are different. Check out the videos I recorded below (ping was 2 ms here, so higher pings probably just cause more of a problem)

Video 1 (Clicking firebutton):

https://vid.me/y6AH

Video 2 (Holding firebutton):

https://vid.me/dL4y

So I'm guessing that the times where the shots haven't been landed is because I've simply clicked the firebutton instead of holding it. Holding the fire button seems to be more accurate. Not sure if this is because some aim position is more up to date as the button is being held and sends more information?

@Hanney That's why I hate playing VC:MP. Aiming feels really awkward to me.

Stormeus

Quote from: Hanney on Mar 01, 2016, 05:38 PMSo I'm guessing that the times where the shots haven't been landed is because I've simply clicked the firebutton instead of holding it. Holding the fire button seems to be more accurate. Not sure if this is because some aim position is more up to date as the button is being held and sends more information?

Actually, your theory sounds exactly right, and it should be an even easier fix than I initially thought. I'll do my best to push a client update for this when I get the chance, but it might be a couple of days in the worst case.

Gulk

lol thats effed up, gj hanney

I'll be glad to see this fixed, explains a lot i didnt notice

NewK

Quote from: Hanney on Mar 01, 2016, 05:38 PM
Quote from: NewK on Feb 28, 2016, 05:18 PMThis is the main reason why most players still have problems adapting from 0.3z's fighting sync to 0.4's. In 0.3 the shots are sent to the server a little bit before the bullets come out, while in 0.4 they're sent when you click the fire button, so do not trust the bullets you see on your screen, if you really want to successfully hit someone. Here's another video someone made about it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB24t-VE9s0

That video probably explains why I think the shotgun sync is so inconsistent. There's been many times where I've been in close up combat and had to do counter-clockwise/clockwise spins with the shotgun in order to hit the opponent running around me and the shot has been aimed/landed perfectly on my opponent on my screen (with taking into mind, the shotgun anim delay, true player pos) yet sometimes it hits and other times it doesn't hit.

I may try and find some server where I have a high ping and record the same effects to see if it changes any due to latency.

The same thing also happened sometimes when I've shot behind a player that was running away from my reticle and ended up knocking them down. I've been playing 0.3z way too long that the way I play is "natural" like breathing so its very difficult for me to adapt to this, unfortunately.  I guess it doesn't help either that I'm using the technique of holding the fire button down when playing.

Update: I done a little test in game myself. It seems that the outcomes between simply pressing the firebutton and holding down the fire button are different. Check out the videos I recorded below (ping was 2 ms here, so higher pings probably just cause more of a problem)

Video 1 (Clicking firebutton):

https://vid.me/y6AH

Video 2 (Holding firebutton):

https://vid.me/dL4y

So I'm guessing that the times where the shots haven't been landed is because I've simply clicked the firebutton instead of holding it. Holding the fire button seems to be more accurate. Not sure if this is because some aim position is more up to date as the button is being held and sends more information?
Cool stuff, I think this might be the first step to fixing the inconsistent shotgun sync, I guess this explains alot for the people that shoot by simply clicking the fire button instead of holding it. My main problem with 0.4 which I still have no explanation for is why the laggers became harder to hit, I wonder if there's any connection to this issue, although I think not because I, just like you, always play holding down the fire button (0.3z habits) and and yet I still get inconsistent results much the way you described (more against laggers than low pingers). Even if I'm not in a fight, and am just running around, looking for an opponent I always keep the fire button pressed beforehand, and I've been playing for so long like this that I can't play it any other way, so I don't think this issue has ever affected me, or any of the players that play while holding the fire button down. I think it's a different issue because it happens mostly when fighting against laggers so I don't really know what that could be. Nevertheless, still a very nice find!

aXXo

@NewK
I know quite a few players who keep the LMB pressed while sprinting who reported the same problem.
The problem is not misplaced shots, but instead your shots not appearing at all for laggers. This happens if you are firing shots very rapidly like a typical 0.3z pollack on steroids.

Run windowed mode: "/setconfig game_windowed 1" and open two instances of VC: #1 being the one where you shoot, and #2 is the punching bag.
Turn the SFX vol of #1 to 0 and do your basic shoot and move glitch.
Notice the delay between the shots you see in #1 and the shots you hear in the minimized #2. If you do not hear shots at all, means you are doing it too fast.

Hanney

@aXXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSam83qCvko

Pretty much like here you mean? I recorded that ages ago since then the problem has been fixed as far as I can tell but maybe for high variations in pings it still happens.

MuKuNd^

hanney the link is inactive i cant see the video.... but holding the fire button helps?

MuKuNd^

thank u guys for everything now it works like pro i love the vcmp communtiy...and last thing how to get out of windowed mode?

MuKuNd^

Hanney

for Windowed mode type into chatbox: /setconfig game_windowed 0

MuKuNd^

thank u guys love u guys and the vcmp community

MuKuNd^

everyone thanks for the effort that they made
thanks

Mötley

I am guessing you may be encountering the issues i have once a while. When my Desktop is on for a month without shutting it down VCMP and LU begin to lag (even with a quad core) Try shutting down your pc. restart your pc. make sure you are only logged in to one pc user. Give windows about 5 to ten minutes. Open task manager. make sure you do not have un wanted updaters etc running. internet hogs. Skype any of that. end there tasks. after a few moments of ensuring anything hidden does not pop up keep only VCMP running. Try this and report any further issues. This always fixes my problems.