Mods convert

Started by Nihongo^, Aug 28, 2016, 04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nihongo^

is it possible to convert Vice city mods in VCMP ? ( scripts )

Nihongo^

oh will you please tell how can i convert, any software required ?

Nihongo^

Quote from: vito on Aug 29, 2016, 04:56 PMThe source of that scirpt mod and notepad++ is required only. I dont know what kind of mod what do you want convert to. But vc-mp is support alot of features and I hope in future it will be more.
there's some TXD gta3 IMG files on it like this how can i convert it using notepad ? its not opening on it 

Kewun

LOOOOOOOL With notepad? you cant, use txd workshop

Nihongo^

ok now i understant its Objects that contain
COL
TXD
DFF
how do you guys create these files ?

Kewun

TXD = Txd Workshop
DFF = 3ds max ( or gmax )

i dont know about COL

Nihongo^

so to create Dff files you need 3ds max or gmax studio isn't ?

Kewun

KAKAN

You can create .COL files using it too. Use Kam's/Max's GTA script( maybe the name was something like that? )
oh no

Nihongo^

Thanks kakan and Kewun you help a lot i almost understand everything
now i know how do we create COL TXD AND DFF
a main thing is converting MODS check this its a vice city mod
http://www.gtainside.com/en/vicecity/mods/1870-tunnel-vice-beta-2004/   its underground road
in this pic there's COL TXD and DFF files got ? but also some other files like IDE AND IPL how can this files help me ? should i need to delete these files ?

Thanks in advance

Kewun

the IDE and IPL files are map files i think. You dont need them for server or you could convert them ( i dont know how to convert, try seraching a bit on forums )

DFF, TXD , COL is the most important. You dont need IDE and IPL

Xmair

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Nihongo^

Thanks xmair i'll try it btw what about IDE its also the part of map as kewun said. so ignor it ?

Kewun

yes, you can ignore ide. its completely useless

Nihongo^

Quote from: vito on Aug 30, 2016, 07:56 PM
Quote from: Kewun on Aug 30, 2016, 06:46 PMyes, you can ignore ide. its completely useless
lol *.ide is about what *.txd to use for each *.dff file. How you can ignore it?
so i have to convert it also :( to TXD ?