Screen not showing a few pixels on the left

Started by EK.IceFlake, Jul 27, 2016, 05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

Well I've done heavy duty task, and believe me, my laptop is 4 times faster than my desktop PC.
Raw specs:
L >> D
Ram: 8GB >> 2 GB
Proc: i7 >> C2Duo [don't know generation of either, but what I do know is that my laptop one is three years old and my desktop PC one is at least 7 years old (it was second hand)]
GPU: NVidia GeForce GT740M >> Intel Shitegrated Graphics
HDD: Very fast >> Very slow [never did a benchmark, but just from my experience]
Ram speed: Again, no benchmark [my laptop is officially 1.8GHz or MHz or something I don't remember]
Temps: ~70 celsius when gaming at full setting >> ~100 celsius when gaming at low setting
See something?
Anyways the sole purpose of me buying a laptop is:
>>Trackpad, cant game without it
>>Ability to get it into other countries when I'm travelling with ease

KAKAN

My PC is tons time faster than my laptop. I got a badass laptop though, I bought it for portability, it has a 10 inch screen( 1366*768, a pretty good reso ) and the batter is awesome, works for 1 day 8)
Really, laptop are meant for On The Go work, though, if you just love MS office and most of your work is with that, a windows phone or an android phone will do the work.
oh no

EK.IceFlake

KAKAN

oh no

Thijn

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Jul 28, 2016, 07:35 AMAnyways the sole purpose of me buying a laptop is:
>>Trackpad, cant game without it
Wait. What?

I've never heard of anyone who chooses a trackpad over a normal mouse for gaming. Are you physically handicapped?

(Not trying to be rude or be insulting, I just can't believe someone actually uses the trackpad for gaming lol)

EK.IceFlake

No, but I always used trackpads and so I perform much better with them. I use a mouse for everyday tasks but for precision tasks like gaming I have to use a trackpad.

KAKAN

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Jul 28, 2016, 04:44 PMNo, but I always used trackpads and so I perform much better with them. I use a mouse for everyday tasks but for precision tasks like gaming I have to use a trackpad.
"precision" lol, that's unbelievable. My trackpad is shit, I can't say that I can use it for "precision tasks" lol
It moves all the time when I just put my finger on it :p
oh no

NewK

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Jul 28, 2016, 04:44 PMI use a mouse for everyday tasks but for precision tasks like gaming I have to use a trackpad.
I think you might have some sort of disability after all, although I wouldn't really say it's physical...

Shadow

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Jul 28, 2016, 04:44 PMNo, but I always used trackpads and so I perform much better with them. I use a mouse for everyday tasks but for precision tasks like gaming I have to use a trackpad.

...man that was a good laugh.

I guess we should let all eSports pros know about the trackpad masterrace!
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

EK.IceFlake

What? Duel me with me using mouse and me using trackpad. You'll see the difference yourself. Anyways I'm accurate to about 3 pixels with trackpad and about 6 with mouse (when I'm trying a bit hard I can get down to 1 pixel with both, but with a lot more effort for mouse)

Thijn

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Jul 28, 2016, 07:25 PMWhat? Duel me with me using mouse and me using trackpad. You'll see the difference yourself. Anyways I'm accurate to about 3 pixels with trackpad and about 6 with mouse (when I'm trying a bit hard I can get down to 1 pixel with both, but with a lot more effort for mouse)
Please, give us a good laugh and record your hand on the trackpad while playing a game. I'd love to see how retarded that must look.

Unless you have a trackpad that's like 30cm wide, you're never going to match the speed and ease you can move your cursor with your mouse.
I can do a 360 with one smooth movement. You'll have to scroll around on your trackpad until you've finally rotated a bit.

Shadow

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Jul 28, 2016, 07:25 PMWhat? Duel me with me using mouse and me using trackpad. You'll see the difference yourself. Anyways I'm accurate to about 3 pixels with trackpad and about 6 with mouse (when I'm trying a bit hard I can get down to 1 pixel with both, but with a lot more effort for mouse)

You could set sensitivity to ~0 and get similar effects with any other pointing device.
Let me ask you a quesiton, do you know someone who plays at a professional level who would take a trackpad over a mouse?

end
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

Kewun

hey, for sure. i want to duel you

just tell me at wut serv

KAKAN

Quote from: Shadow on Jul 29, 2016, 01:32 AM

You could set sensitivity to ~0 and get similar effects with any other pointing device.
Let me ask you a quesiton, do you know someone who plays at a professional level who would take a trackpad over a mouse?

end
I don't even think the newbies would be using trackpad lol, it's good if you just have to roam around and you don't DM. I use laptop just for chatting inside servers, and sometimes, for freeroam, even with a mouse connected, the screen is small( as well the laptop is ), so it's difficult to play in it :p

Quote from: Thijn on Jul 28, 2016, 08:13 PMUnless you have a trackpad that's like 30cm wide, you're never going to match the speed and ease you can move your cursor with your mouse.
"30cm wide" That laptop model is going to be a epic laptop in the history lol
I can't imagine a trackpad which is 30cm wide, my current trackpad is about 9cm in width lol
oh no

Christ, this topic went from a resolution problem to what's best for aiming accuracy.

Also, in case no one recommended, have you enabled wide screen option in game?

And does the same thing happen in single player?