[QUESTION/HELP] How to can make a streamer plugin

Started by EK.IceFlake, Feb 26, 2015, 11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

Hi guys,
I have read on the vcmpdev blog that the limits of VCMP can be increased by using a third party streamer plugin. How to can make the streamer plugin?
Thanks

ysc3839

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: ysc3839 on Feb 26, 2015, 12:18 PMI think you can't :(
QuoteObjects
3,000 (can be optimized further with third-party streamer plugin)

Thijn

Sure you can, but there's really no point. The limits are already pretty high, and I doubt you actually hit that limit.

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 26, 2015, 01:31 PMSure you can, but there's really no point.

You got me curious. How can someone implement a third party streamer plugin :-\

Thijn

Quote from: S.L.C on Feb 26, 2015, 04:11 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Feb 26, 2015, 01:31 PMSure you can, but there's really no point.

You got me curious. How can someone implement a third party streamer plugin :-\
Let's say you want to have 3000 vehicles on each island. Normally, this isn't possible simply because 6000 vehicles are higher then the maximum amount of vehicles allowed at the moment.
In order to (somewhat) bypass this limit, you can check player's position and see on which island the player is.
If he's on the first island, you remove the 3000 vehicles on the second one and spawn new ones on the first and vice versa.

Now I know what you're thinking, what happens when there's 100 players online and there's players on both islands. What happens then?
That's simple, you're fucked :)

While it's somewhat possible, really exceeding the limit isn't easy.

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 26, 2015, 06:48 PMIn order to (somewhat) bypass this limit, you can check player's position and see on which island the player is.
If he's on the first island, you remove the 3000 vehicles on the second one and spawn new ones on the first and vice versa.

Well, obviously. You don't process something that doesn't need to be processed. But my actual question was about something else. The O.P. asks if someone else can implement a third party streamer. And you mentioned that that it can be done. Which is something I didn't knew and got me curious.