Resolution?

Started by Kewun, Jul 06, 2016, 09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

Quote from: Mötley on Jul 11, 2016, 02:49 AM
Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on Jul 08, 2016, 04:49 PMWe should have a GUI.ForceScreenSize or something

LOL!!! You know what this would do to some of use right? Crash our monitors. I happen to be using a really old monitor at the moment and if the games screen is windowed and goes beyond what I can see well better off pressing the reset button on the tower as the monitor goes into sleep mode,. Had this issue with old LCD monitors in the past. So bad Idea unless you want to troll players :D. The concept is kinda cool though ;)
yeah, this is cool suggestion, but it can be abused in a very bad way :( I hate when I see good things are being used in a bad way
oh no

EK.IceFlake

We could have some signal checking that we can only set resolution to what our monitor supports

Stormeus

Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on Jul 11, 2016, 03:05 PMWe could have some signal checking that we can only set resolution to what our monitor supports

We're not going to force people's resolutions at all. One major concern is that people could have their resolutions set to something lower than native to help their framerate. Server owners undoing that to force GUI-based features undoes that.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 11, 2016, 04:28 PM
Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on Jul 11, 2016, 03:05 PMWe could have some signal checking that we can only set resolution to what our monitor supports

We're not going to force people's resolutions at all. One major concern is that people could have their resolutions set to something lower than native to help their framerate. Server owners undoing that to force GUI-based features undoes that.
Okay
RequestScreenSize, then?
:P
GUI.RequestScreenSize(1366, 768, "Please set a resolution of 1366x768 to optimize our GUI system. Do you agree?");

Shadow

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 08, 2016, 02:25 PMLike @Thijn said, you can use GUI::GetScreenSize() to get the player's resolution, and Console::Print(message) to give the player a notice if their resolution is too small.
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Shadow on Jul 11, 2016, 05:20 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 08, 2016, 02:25 PMLike @Thijn said, you can use GUI::GetScreenSize() to get the player's resolution, and Console::Print(message) to give the player a notice if their resolution is too small.
For that the player will have to /rq then open VCSP then go to display settings and find the 1366x768 then quit the game and come back to VCMP. This request can do that with a click of a button

Stormeus

@ext-d.CrystalBlue Only if you disabled windowed mode. Regardless, we're not adding that functionality in under any circumstances and regardless of the inconvenience of having to relaunch a game.

EK.IceFlake

Okay
I should implement this feature in my browser
if i could... i dont want to mess around with gta-vc.set

Thijn

Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on Jul 11, 2016, 08:09 PMOkay
I should implement this feature in my browser
if i could... i dont want to mess around with gta-vc.set
Why would you do that? Let users pick their own resolution, they often have a good reason why they're on lower resolutions. Like a crappy PC, or just because they want to do other stuff while having vcmp opened in a window.

Is there even a point to this topic? If you make the GUI look so ugly on lower resolution then I'm guessing the user will most likely play at a recommended resolution. And as long as you keep your promise and the GUI works great on the resolutions you recommend. Then it's that guy's issue if he wants to play at a lower resolution.

If you buy a car and the seller promised you that it'll work as long as it's used the way he recommended. But then you're stupid enough and remove the wheels and still expect it to work even though the seller did not guarantee such thing. Does that mean the seller must weld the wheels to the car just in case another one like you could end up buying a car from him?

If I made a promise that something works in a certain way but then people use it in a different way. Does that mean it's my fault? What dafuq kinda logic is that?

Stormeus

New VC:MP feature: server owners now have Player.ForceOSUpgrade() to force players to immediately upgrade to Windows 10 in order to prevent crashes. There is obviously no other way of resolving this that would make sense.

DizzasTeR

How fucking funny is this, I mean why on Earth do you need to force a person to use the same resolution as you do just do make GUIs work properly?

GUIs can work in every resolution, there is a thing called relative positioning and sizing on which I gave a snippet and ofcourse @S.L.C as well with a different way.

Learn relative positioning so that your gui is always looking great in every resolution, if you can't then you don't need something like whatever crap was suggested. Seriously, client-side needs more callbacks and functions instead of these forceresolution crap

Thijn

Snippet to give a warning for low resolution has been posted, so there's not much else to say. Locked.