List of bugs and suggestions

Started by Murdock, Aug 30, 2015, 12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

Quote from: krystianoo on Sep 26, 2015, 04:38 PM..any update regarding all this?

Yes, I started my first semester of university a few weeks ago and am currently focusing on my studies, career paths, and my friends here. I'm aware that these issues exist but don't have sufficient time to fix them at the moment.

Gudio

You're not the only one developer. :)

krystianoo

Well?
It's been over a month since this has been posted and this clearly shows how much bugs are there, reported ones in this topic and in other topics as well.
I'm sure the community would appreciate any update that isn't: 'no time for vcmp' because we all can see developers logging in to the forums here-and-there and staying for not-the-shortest period of time..

Thijn

There's a difference between logging into the forums and fixing bugs. The latter requires more time.
I'm sure Stormeus and maxorator try to find the time to fix what they can, but they have school and other personal stuff that comes first.

Thijn

Quote from: vito on Feb 05, 2016, 10:04 PM
QuoteObject attach functions (as demonstrated in a dev video 3 months ago)
It's easy to make yourself by onPlayerMove.

And lag the shit out of your server? No thanks.

aXXo

The onPlayerMove function is called very frequently. Even if a player's X/Y/Z changes by 0.0001 the event is called. Try adding a print/Message function in your event and watch the spam even when you move one step.

Now imagine having multiple moving players in your server. The event will be getting a lot of triggers. Your script will obviously lag if you put a code that executes slower than the event call in the function body.

Thijn

And you find that acceptable? It looks slow and horrible.

NewK

Something to add to the list: The GUIListbox's .RemoveItem(item) method seems to freeze the game completely and after a while it ends up crashing. Doesn't generate any error log.

Nightstalker

It would be really useful to have custom flags for custom weapons. For example, headshot for weapons other than assault/sniper rifles, knockback for weapons other than shotguns and editing number of pellets to shoot. Also custom projectiles besides missiles and grenades would be rad too.

NicusorN5

DizzasTeR

KAKAN

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jun 17, 2016, 03:14 PMNPCs are unnecessary jeez.
instead the devs should fix the bugs, after that focus on suggestions.
oh no

Xmair

Just tell me what will you do with the NPCs?

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Sebastian

QuoteObject attach functions (as demonstrated in a dev video 3 months ago)

I would like to see that video.

Stormeus

Quote from: Murdock on Aug 30, 2015, 12:07 AM
  • A player can still be killed after applying all immunity flags

I can't reproduce this one. The only scenario I can get something like this to happen is if the immunity flags are set, the player uses /kill and respawns without resetting the immunity flags, which is intended behavior.